Author Topic: Motorway Tolls  (Read 2713 times)

Offline maximumtom

Motorway Tolls
« on: May 27, 2010, 09:39:03 AM »
I am planning to drive to Cesme (on the coast, west of Izmir). There is one section of motorway from Aydin to Izmir and another section from Izmir to Cesme.  I have been advised that many of the toll boxes only take pre-payed cards ( which you can buy from a bank). Does anyone know the cost of the tolls or have any other information they can share ?
Thanks,
Tom

Offline Old Daffodil

Motorway Tolls
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 09:58:09 AM »
We paid two lira seventy five kurus between Izmir and Aydin in cash last week.We have driven across Europe and Turkey and there were facilities for both cash and pre-card payments at the toll booths.  :)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 10:01:52 AM by Daffodil »

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Motorway Tolls
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 15:11:19 PM »
Although they encourage payment by card, all toll-roads have the facility to accept cash at booths.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Motorway Tolls
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 16:17:24 PM »
Well worth going by the toll roads as they save time and are cheap. It should cost about 5.50TL.

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
Motorway Tolls
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 16:23:07 PM »
great motorways!! very quite...the aydin to izmir price 2.75 includes going thru a tunnel about ten times a long as the dalaman tunnel/!! and the motorway is about 100klms long!! makes you wonder/

no problem paying cash .just take a card at the booth when you enter the system then on exit go thru the booth with the green light on stating NAKID means cash..there is normally a couple of them open.

enjoy your journey.

Offline Diverbaz 1

Motorway Tolls
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 17:26:43 PM »

They are changing to a card only system, if travelling from Izmir to Bodrum, when you leave the motorway at Soke you have to buy a 10TL card which is then put in the machine to knock off the 2.75. All very strange amounts, 10 divided by 2.75?????. The cash booths will gradually disappear.

Offline maximumtom

Motorway Tolls
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 08:35:44 AM »
Thank you all for your replies.

Offline maximumtom

Motorway Tolls
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 21:42:12 PM »

I have found a useful site with some information about the cards (KGS). You can buty them at certain banks before you start your journey.  all the info is in the link.

http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/trans/Car/pay_toll.html

Offline maximumtom

Motorway Tolls
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 22:47:33 PM »
Further to my previous post: I printed out a copy of the card from the site and took it with me to help explain what I wanted when I went into a bank.  I tried 3 banks from the list without success and gave up. They seemed totally unaware of the existence of these motorway toll cards. I shall have to get one on the motorway. So much for planning ahead. Burasi Turkiye!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf