Author Topic: Garanti, forgot my pin  (Read 2431 times)

Offline littlereddevil

Garanti, forgot my pin
« on: July 19, 2010, 13:29:20 PM »
Everytime I log on to Garanti they ask me to change my pin number.
Well I have changed it so many times now I forgot it today when I tried to log on!
Anyone know how I can find it out?
They are such an awful bank anyway I am changing to Fortis when I next come over, but I just wanted to check my bills.

Offline davewalsh

Garanti, forgot my pin
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 12:35:14 PM »
I concur. My garanti bank account drops my PIN every time I log on. To get it re-enabled, you have to fill in a form at the customer desk, it can't be done online. What a cra p system.I daren't go into the branch now because the english speaking women in there now hates me. Last time, after yet another failed attempt, she dragged my wife away from her magazine (we are getting used to the delay by now) and shouted 'HE CAN'T DO IT!!! YOU DO IT!!

Same thing happened for my wife, so she is now self-barred as well.

We are thinking of getting disguises for the next time we go in, a nice moustache perhaps?

« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 12:35:53 PM by davewalsh »

Offline littlereddevil

Garanti, forgot my pin
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 13:24:54 PM »
Oh dear I did get a laugh Dave but they are such a pain aren't they. Last time I went in The woman told me I hadn't registered for a garanti bank account ( I have 2 ) and I would have to sign 96 sheets of paper. I told her I did this when I opened my bank accounts. She said they must have lost them! I just walked out. I will be back over in 4 weeks .
Is it easy to change standing orders etc to another bank?

Offline littlereddevil

Garanti, forgot my pin
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 13:26:57 PM »
The laugh is I actually remember my pin number now but I am barred from my online account.

Offline thebillet

Garanti, forgot my pin
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 21:42:41 PM »
I agree; I had the same problem - PIN number messing up and got the wrong interest rate to boot. I will see how well it goes until we are out in October and if there is any problems I'll go elsewhere. If you do the same don't forget proof of address which if you are using Gb documents will need to be less than three months old.

Offline Precious

Garanti, forgot my pin
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 07:55:28 AM »
I have been having the same problems.  When I was in Fethiey in July the nice English speaking lady at the front helped me to get my PIN code.  The next day I tried to log on to my account and there was no problem at all.  Now I´m back in Sweden and last week I tried to log on.  The PIN code didn´t work and I was told to call 444 0 333. They told me I needed to go to my branch and then call them back. Hello, I´m in Sweden!
Then I called the nice English speaking lady and she asked me if I had a fax maschine.  If so, I had to send her a paper with my costumer number and my signature. After some days I could call 444 0 333 again and then they would be able to help me.
I´m going to make that phone call this afternoon...wish me luck!

Offline littlereddevil

Garanti, forgot my pin
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 10:50:02 AM »
They make everything sooo hard. Went in early this morning before the queues. filled in a form cos I was blocked from my internet banking. The lady then said we will send a new password to your Turkish phone. i sain I only have a UK phone and you always send messages to there. Oh no, new rules, no turkish phone no internet banking!!! So she said anyway. I am going to Fortis.

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Garanti, forgot my pin
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 22:09:47 PM »
Rubbish, they send my pin to log in each time i access my account to my UK phone.  I have my cust number, a pin number and then they send me via text, another number.  There is a 0090 phone number you can ring to get it sorted out.  I've done it several times.  You can email too I think.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Garanti, forgot my pin
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 00:31:44 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Elsa Padfield

Rubbish, they send my pin to log in each time i access my account to my UK phone.  I have my cust number, a pin number and then they send me via text, another number.  There is a 0090 phone number you can ring to get it sorted out.  I've done it several times.  You can email too I think.

Yeh me too. It's me too. It's a bit fiddly but I have not seen a more secure internet banking system.

Offline umpy

Garanti, forgot my pin
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 05:15:25 AM »
I have been with HSBC for years, they are very helpful and the bank is usually quiet.  I had trouble with my pension not arriving from UK one month and they were as helpful as they could be.  There online banking is no trouble at all either....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf