Author Topic: Intasure - Great Service  (Read 4374 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Intasure - Great Service
« on: September 14, 2010, 13:32:55 PM »
Following my little problem recently I have had to submit my first ever insurance claim on our Turkish property to Intasure, initially I had been critical of them as I couldn't find anyone to answer a phone at 01.00 in the morning on a Saturday, a little demanding you might think but I was upset and they did in fact get back to me a couple of hours later that morning.

I just want to give credit where credit is due, they have an agent based locally who attended the house the following day and also went to the police station. He was prepared to undertake all of the repair work but agreed with my agent that they could use their own trades to carry out repairs or replacement.

I submitted one full and final invoice to Intasure listing all work carried out by my agent and they have made payment in full 3 days following this, Tanya who handled my claim has been particularly helpful throughout this process.

All I can say is WELL DONE INTASURE, it was very easy to deal with you and with all of your documents written in English and with your claims department based in the UK, you have made the whole painful process really seamless. I would certainly recommend you to others requiring insurance.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Intasure - Great Service
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 13:52:31 PM »
Thats nice to hear.   I have to add they were fantastic renewing our Earthquake insurance for us this year.  four days and we had it emailed to us in the UK.  Super duper and no worries at all.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 13:52:56 PM by pookie »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Intasure - Great Service
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 14:06:33 PM »
Excellent news Rimms as they are CBF's recommended insurance company for properties in Turkey. Glad to hear they delivered what they promised.

You can get an online quotation here: IntasureTM Turkish Property Insurance

Offline Fran

Intasure - Great Service
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 17:28:43 PM »
I had to make a claim earlier this year after a leak. Intasure were very good, arranged everything as we were in the uk. I have just renewed with them, I think we paid about £30 more as we had, had a claim.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Intasure - Great Service
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 07:57:56 AM »
Those of you covered by Intasure may be interested in the following minutes taken from a meeting held under the auspices of Kalkan Daiy news.....here we go again!
Most of the time on this agenda item was spent discussing the Intasure problem.  In a nutshell, foreign residents who insure their property through Intasure are deemed to be breaking Turkish law.  The Police in Kas have obtained a list of policy holders, (we don't know how this was obtained), and have been instructed by the Ministry of Finance to advise policy holders of the problem - thereby providing them with an opportunity to do something about it.

Apparently, there are 19 properties in Kas and 108 in Kalkan, that are potentially affected.  It has been suggested that policyholders will be required to respond to the Police or Jandarma, to confirm that they have received this notification.  However, Kalkan Turkish Local News spoke to the Jandarma in Kalkan this week, and they have not yet received any such instructions to approach policy holders in Kalkan.  We will keep you posted on this.

Incidentally, KTLN has spoken to the Managing Director of Intasure in the UK, who is presently awaiting legal advice on the matter from his Turkish lawyers.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Intasure - Great Service
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 10:19:00 AM »
What law are they breaking exactly? I assume this is just another protectionist anti-free market policy to make people use a Turkey based company for everything they decide to spend their own money on. Gearing up for joining the EU indeed...

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Intasure - Great Service
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 11:56:52 AM »
The exact law is as yet unspecified but if you take this report at face value it is yet another item in the arsenal of "Let's make life very tiresome":(

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Intasure - Great Service
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 12:55:03 PM »
I posted on this sometime back regarding Residents and Intasure ins.

{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}36472&SearchTerms=intasure,beware
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 12:55:22 PM by loz »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf