Author Topic: Local areas  (Read 5523 times)

Offline Karabag

Local areas
« on: November 03, 2010, 07:03:21 AM »
My husband and I are going down to Fethiye area next week to look at different areas as we are hoping to sell up where we are (Bodrum) and move down. We are going to look at Uzumlu, Ovacik, Fethiye, Calis, Koca Calis, Kaya and Ciflik. We don't want to buy in Hisoranu so won't need to look there but have we missed out some areas which really are worth looking at. Thanks

Offline Harmless

Local areas
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 07:19:28 AM »
Sounds like you have the area covered.
Good luck with your search

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Local areas
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 08:40:49 AM »
You should get in touch with Cenk or Keith on this website.  I am sure they would be very helpful in your search.

Offline Steve A

Local areas
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 09:19:06 AM »
Try Taurean properties on Baris Manco Bulvari they are very good also.

Offline Karabag

Local areas
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 09:22:10 AM »
I have been in touch about properties but it's the areas we want information on at the moment, we have been to the area but only for a short time, we are going for a bit longer this time and think we have researched it quite well but there;s nothing like getting information from the people that know the area so well.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Local areas
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 10:11:42 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Steve A

Try Taurean properties on Baris Manco Bulvari they are very good also.

Yes they are when things are going their way. When things aren't, they can resort to sticking a gun in your face. I should know. I was owed a lot of money and was removed at gunpoint. They also threatened to have my children killed. They were 5 years old at that time.

I'm tired of remaining quiet as people come here and praise them, although that's thankfully very rare these days. If you want recommendations for agents email me and I'll give you ten that would be a much less dangerous option.

But yes, I must be fair, if you pay your commission and run along quietly, the gun stays in the safe.

Email me if you need to know more and please, don't expose yourselves to any more risk in life than you need to. I shall repost this every time someone recommends this company, in the interests of balance.

Ta.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Local areas
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 10:20:13 AM »
I'll help with Koca Calis. Great rural area with some good bargains and far enough away yet close enough to Calis Prom (if that makes sense) but some properties are in areas that flood when the weather is really bad so if you intend to buy here do your homework and also make sure any property you look at buying is raised well above ground. Agents like Cenk and Scunner will tell you more if you spot any properties you like the look of.

Offline Karabag

Local areas
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 11:55:02 AM »
We're really not going to be looking at properties as we don't know how long it will take to sell our place. I am taking everything on board and hope to find the area we want to live in on one of our trips. Koca Calis sounds alomost perfect for us without the flooding of course  ;)

Offline peecee

Local areas
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 11:57:07 AM »
well said, Scunner,  the truth is out there (somewhere).
Re: Uzumlu, a good place to live now that it's settled down regarding who is going to be queen bee/king of the yabancis.  There are 'cliques' of people but that's expected with a load of villagers who moved out at the same time.  Everyone knows your business.
COLD in Winter.  Far too many restaurants for such a small area who, quite frankly, serve the same food (but that is indigenous to Turkey)  Beautiful scenery being a farming village, get to know your friends/who you want to know, locals are friendly and not TOO money orientated (with the exception of some ;)
Good luck with your choice

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Local areas
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 12:04:03 PM »
Ah!

To answer the question initially asked, I prefer Calis :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf