Author Topic: Trip to Gallipoli  (Read 4602 times)

Offline ECHOSTAR

• Uk and Sky Tv no Problem
Trip to Gallipoli
« on: January 19, 2011, 06:18:00 AM »
Hello Dear All,

As you might or might not know We do a lot of charity work i.e raising money for bursaries. I have been trying to think of something diffrent and unusual where both parties will benefit. We have arranged a trip to Gallipoli and surrounding areas where it is full of British and Turkish history.

Battle of Gallipoli occurred in 1915 during the First World War. Turkish, British, French, Australian - Anzac, New Zealander - Anzac, Senegalese, Indian, Gurkha, Sikh, Punjabi, Maltese, Jewish (Russian & Poles) and Ceylonese people fight during this war. In Turkey this war known as Çnakkale Savaşlari(Çnakkale War), for other countries this war known as Dardanelles Campaign or Gallipoli.

The trip will be between 2nd of february until late 5th of february. The programme will consist of leaving Fethiye by coach wednesday evening travelling overnight approx. for 12 hrs. to Çnakkale where you can rest and have breakfast. After breakfast we will be visiting Martyrs Memorial( Çnakkale Martyrs Memorial is the main Turkish memorial at Gallipoli) and museum.Lunch and dinner will be included this day. Please note that drinks not included.On the 4th of february thursday after breakfast we will go to Bozcaada island on the ferry. Lunch is not included but dinner will be included .On the 5th of february friday after breakfast we will be visiting Troy. No lunch or dinner will be included on this day as we are coming back.

The 3 days trip includes transport,accomodation,limited food provided, ferry, guides, entrance fees are all inclusive in this brilliant price for 300 TL. per person.50TL of this will go to students bursary.

I hope you can make it , it will be very interesting but if you can't you might know someone who can and would like to go.

For any more information or bookings please contact me through my profile places are limited

Regards,

ilknur

please if any of the Mods are not happy with this post please remove

Offline valleyboy

Trip to Gallipoli
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 12:37:43 PM »
Sounds a great trip !, I would jump at the chance if I were in Turkey, but all I can do now is wish you all the best and  hope you have a good response to this great idea, as you say, everyone's a winner ! - Good Luck, and I hope if successful another trip coincides with one of our visits.  :)

Offline ECHOSTAR

• Uk and Sky Tv no Problem
Trip to Gallipoli
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 16:39:20 PM »
Thanks Tony

and those who are coming looks to be agood few days completely different really looking forward to it

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Trip to Gallipoli
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 16:56:27 PM »
I really wish we were :(

Online marina

Trip to Gallipoli
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 18:14:31 PM »
Sounds a fantastic trip and great value for money, can't believe you'll also be raising money for a good cause in that too!

I know my OH would absolutely love this but unfortunately we can't be there :(

Maybe one day!

Good luck and hope you have a great trip.

Offline Old Daffodil

Trip to Gallipoli
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 19:59:14 PM »
Hope that you have a great time.
We travelled on the D550 up to Gallipoli and not far from Edremit there is a small town called Akcay and it has a small modern shopping mall next to the road,just set back a little. I was pleased to find it had good loos, La Tazze Coffee and some good shops(Waikiki,Benetton,Koton etc)my hubby was not so pleased!It was a long journey and so we were gratefull for the facilities. It is just before you reach Edremit if you are coming from Truva.
:D
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 20:04:17 PM by Daffodil »

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Trip to Gallipoli
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 00:17:11 AM »
Bozcaada island is the most delightful and picturesque island a definite photo opportunity. One side of the island is Greek streets and houses all pretty and painted in lovely colours - the harbour when you come in is also really pretty - lots of fish restaurants...

Have you actually been to Troy - I only ask because I was hugely disappointed with Troy and for me just 10 minutes would have been enough except I wanted to hang around for a "sunset" shot which was also a complete waste of time and another a huge disappointment. Not helped by the fact that shrubs/trees have been allowed to grow around the wooden horse.

There is a lovely wine producing village on the doorstep of Ephesus called Sirince south of Izmir and on the way home that might be worth a visit for a couple of hours on the way home...

http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/go/Aegean/Ephesus/sirince/

Having been racking my brians myself for good fundraising ideas (and come up with nothing) I think this is a lovely idea and wish you every success.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Trip to Gallipoli
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 02:50:38 AM »
Having been racking my brians myself for good fundraising ideas (and come up with nothing) I think this is a lovely idea and wish you every success. originally posted by Nichola

The only Brian I know is Tribalelder and he's normally full of very good ideas if you want to try him?

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Trip to Gallipoli
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 06:14:04 AM »
Not really my Ball Park........ especially as I have just been Racked by Nichola! ;):D

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Trip to Gallipoli
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 08:16:32 AM »
:D:D:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf