Author Topic: Cirali - Olympos ?  (Read 2669 times)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Cirali - Olympos ?
« on: January 19, 2011, 09:35:01 AM »
Mr Pookie and I are hoping to do some exploring at Easter.  Anyone stayed in/around Cirali and have any recommendations for us ?

Offline hazel dorrington

Cirali - Olympos ?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 20:41:24 PM »
I have stayed in Cirali several times and my biggest advice is if you don't have your own transport book somewhere in the centre of the village. It is very spread out and no local bus or taxies. Although most accommodation is happy to lend you a bike. If you arrive by bus and are dropped of on the main highway you have to wait at the junction until a vehicle arrives to take you down to the village. There is no timetable but a private dolmus turns up periodically and will charge according to how many passengers. It can be as much as 20 lira each. Out of season no regular transport to view the Chimera and it is a very long walk to the start of the steps which are pretty hard going by themselves. Sometimes a local will take you for a small charge but not many cars around. It is an easy walk along the beach to Olympus. The best restaurants at Cirali are at the entrance to the village on the beach not much on the village high street accept 2 general stores and several good class dress and gift shops. Accommodation to suit all pockets, even the budget accomm I stayed in was clean roomy and well run.
I have stayed in individual wood cabin and basic hotel but my priority is location.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Cirali - Olympos ?
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 09:07:56 AM »
Thank you Hazel.   We will have a rental car, so hopefully that will make life a little easier for us.   Its sounds a beautiful place to visit and we are really looking forward to it. We agree, location is important, and we are hoping to find something as close to the beach as possible - it doesn't need to be 'posh', just clean with a reasonably comfortable bed !

Offline grizabella

Cirali - Olympos ?
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 15:54:33 PM »
If you are in the Çireli area and have a rental car I would strongly advise you take a small detour to a place called Adrassan.Its between Kumluca and Kemer.It's a beautiful bay with lovely restaurants set beside the river that flows into the bay.The Gelydonia by the river is a lovely pension to stay and chill out in.Well worth seeking it out.Pass the turning for Çireli (driving towards Kumluca) and you will see the turning on your right.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Cirali - Olympos ?
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 16:22:53 PM »
ohhhh thank you, that sounds just the sort of thing we would like.  Oh, getting excited now !!  Thanks Grizabella

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Cirali - Olympos ?
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 16:26:20 PM »
Do you know if the Gelydonia has a website ?   Have googled it but can't find anything....

Offline grizabella

Cirali - Olympos ?
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 08:41:06 AM »
Yes it does,thinking it may be spelt Gelidonya so try that ,and,got my rights and lefts mixed up,its LEFT at the turning!!!!!Hope you get there I stayed there for a year when I first moved out and was very sad to leave.I still have friends both Turkish and British there that I keep in regular touch with.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Cirali - Olympos ?
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 16:31:27 PM »
found it !! yes it looks lovely - thanks for that !

Offline suehugh

Cirali - Olympos ?
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 13:57:43 PM »
I have stayed there many times in the past and it is lovely little village. There is a stream which runs along side the road and there are a couple of restaurants on the other side of the road from the Gelidonya. You have to cross a bridge to get to them. They have tables on the waters edge where you can have your lunch/evening meal.
:D:D
sue

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Cirali - Olympos ?
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 14:02:20 PM »
Thank you !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf