Author Topic: UK residents wishing to get married in Calis  (Read 4441 times)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
UK residents wishing to get married in Calis
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2011, 00:10:07 AM »
Hi Nick. My daughter is getting married at Sugar Beach Club, Olu Deniz on 1st June. There they have a wedding planner who arranges everything including the one only trip to Antalya. They arrange the civil ceremony for 18:00 hrs when the beach has been cleared, it's a little bit cooler and they can use the sunset in the wedding photos. We're already here and looking forward to the big day :D :D

Offline lissa

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2011, 12:52:19 PM »
I organise weddings here in Turkey for Anatolian Sky Holidays. If you call 0121 764 3550 and speak to Daisy, she can help with these queries and also tell you our package prices. We tailor make weddings, so a small, private wedding can easily be arranged.

Offline Scurrminator

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2011, 17:52:28 PM »
Hi lissa.
My partner will call Daisy at some point this week just to have a chat. Thanks!

Offline Scurrminator

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2011, 09:53:34 AM »
Does anyone know of a website or contact number for the Turkish marriage office?
It says they have a leaflet on the subject on the Embassy website, but i cannot find any information about such a place!

Offline lissa

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2011, 17:36:30 PM »
Natalie can also deal with weddings if Daisy is not in when you call. I have never seen a leaflet as you describe.

Offline Scurrminator

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2011, 14:55:59 PM »
Hi Lissa.
My partner spoke to Daisy today briefly. One thing that she mentioned was that we'd need to go to the consulate twice. As far as I'm aware this is not the case and everything that needs doing can be done in one day.

A board member told me that they had to do the following:
You need to go to the British consul to do the paperwork and handover the fees, then to the governer's office to get the paperwork certified.
You'd then head back to Fethiye to the registry office to arrange a date and time.
Then off to the health office for the medical and then back to the registry office to secure the booking.

I'm not aware of having to go back to the consul? Unless it is something to do with registering the marriage back in the UK?

Offline lissa

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2011, 18:57:51 PM »
Yes, you go to the consulate in Antalya for paperwork to get married, then to the consulate in fethiye after the wedding to register the marriage. Think this is what she must have meant when she said 2 visits! We have been doing weddings in Turkey for a number of years now and I personally organise everything here in Turkey and go with clients to Antalya etc. We do not just send them with a driver, and they do not deal with lots of different people  organising their wedding as we think this is too stressful.Much better to deal with just one person and explain what you want once! I am always around to answer any questions.

Offline Scurrminator

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2011, 00:03:06 AM »
Can anyone tell me if it's possible for us to register the marriage ourselves when we return to the UK?
Wedding companies seem to be charging around £100 for this but if it's something we can do cheaper on our return I'd rather do that.

Offline Scurrminator

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2011, 10:28:48 AM »
Just wanted to thank all for the help.
Ali sorted everything for us and we managed to get all the legal bits done in a day and marry the following day.
Bit of a whirlwind but all good!
:-D

Offline booo

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2011, 16:49:40 PM »
Congratulations  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf