Author Topic: Day in Kayakoy  (Read 5754 times)

Offline Patty

• Poster
Day in Kayakoy
« on: May 21, 2011, 09:09:39 AM »
Would like to spend the day here can anyone recommend place that has good food, drink and pool that we could use for the day

Regards
Patty

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Day in Kayakoy
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 10:23:42 AM »
Gunays Garden would be a lovely place to use as a base - there is a pool in a peaceful garden setting - lovely restaurant area; its hidden down a little lane but right in the centre of Kaya so easy access to all you want to see in Kaya  :)

Gunays Garden
{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}41161
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 10:24:20 AM by nichola »

Offline Linda

Day in Kayakoy
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 12:02:51 PM »
I agree with Nichola .... Gunays Garden is a perfect setting and a great base to enjoy all Kaya has to offer ...  8)

Offline Patty

• Poster
Day in Kayakoy
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 13:02:41 PM »
if we do go to Kaya we'll be catching dolmus. I have been there once before, we got off dolmus i take it at the beginning at the entrance to the ruins, we came out and had food and drink it a place that had a camel if i remember rightly,
There must be more to it than than, i take it i just follow the road past the place with the camel????????????

Patty

Offline Stressed Eric

Day in Kayakoy
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 07:20:49 AM »
The istanbul retaurant is a great place to go. They have a lovely pool restaurant and bar, food is terrific and very reasonably priced and Engin the owner is a lovely guy who will make you feel very welcome. In our opinion one of the best places to go for a chill out day.

Offline Peter Lamb

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 21:44:56 PM »
We attended Muzzy's Place last week for the first time, it was brilliant, great staff, lovely food, clean pool, and not overly expensive. We have relatives coming out in a few day's and can't wait to take them there. They also do a pick up and drop off service. Tel: 0536 4476892 or 0532 399 2779.

Offline Patty

• Poster
Day in Kayakoy
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 18:30:51 PM »
where are these places in the village, where do i get off dolmus?

Patty

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Day in Kayakoy
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 18:53:29 PM »
You can get off the dolmus near the ruins and walk on along the main road to see Istanbul restaurant etc on your right and literally just past there is the turning on your left down the little lane to Gunays Garden.

There is a sign for Gunays and Izela (the restaurant) at the beginning of the lane. Its a couple pf minutes walk from there.

The best thing to do is to just wander around and down the side streets - at the moment there are lots of lovely spring flower filled meadows - a photographers paradise.

You can walk up through the ruins to the church and for good views of Kaya.

Kaya isn't so big really but you could end up spending quite a lot of time walking around the ruins.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Day in Kayakoy
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 13:25:41 PM »
It can get pretty hot in the ruins, so, best to go early then lunch and chill out.  I love Bar Istanbul.

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Day in Kayakoy
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 09:26:00 AM »
There is also a new place (think its called Kalymnoss Villas or restaurant) signed as you approach the village - signed down off to the right. It has a beautiful pool and gardens, a lovely restaurant and is very new and pretty.  Have also been to both Muzzys and Istanbul which both serve lovely food (especially Muzzys kepab mix plate) and both have pools for use.  Not been to Gunays gardens, but have heard good reviews.  Try and climb to the very very highest little chapel in the ruins....the views are amazing out over the sea....and its so peacful.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf