Author Topic: NEW step by Step guide on how to do your residence  (Read 3797 times)

Offline Firo

NEW step by Step guide on how to do your residence
« on: June 08, 2011, 20:11:40 PM »
Latest instructions for those of you who want to do your own residency and it's so easy..

http://www.fethiyetimes.com/expat-zone/visa/6615-turkish-residence-permit-for-british-citizens-in-fethiye-step-by-step-guide.html

Offline Denise40

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 16:58:38 PM »
Sometimes maybe!! if we hadn't had someone do it with us we would had fallen at the stage of the Muhtar who wasn't in his office - phone number on the door (our turkish isn't good enough to hold a conversation as to ask where he was and when he was back in the office) Turns out his wife was ill so having a few days off - So we skipped that part and went to the Jandarma who stamped papers (who at first on the phone said they wouldn't until Muhtar had signed)!! but we paid them a visit anyway (girlie charm used)we had to promise once we had Muhtars stamp we would return the required paperwork to them - Then off to Fethiye to make home visit to Muhtar - who then obviously felt sorry for us and came up the hill with his magic stamp in hand!!

So well worth £40 for us both!

Offline posleeds

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 08:00:57 AM »
Invaluable information for those wishing to go it alone...did mine in 2.5 hours following this (Muhtar done the previous day), because I knew exactly where to go.
Thanks Firo

Offline starman™

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 09:23:04 AM »
Interesting. A totally different process than Izmir, Ankara or Istanbul.

Offline Firo

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 14:54:35 PM »
What did you honestly expect ...this is Turkey...lol

Offline biker1

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 06:23:23 AM »
Thanks for the link - followed this process the other day when I did my residency renewal - don't think I'd have managed it without the instructions.  

Just wanted to add that after going to office no.2 in the Kaymakamlik building I also needed to go in the office at the bottom of the stairs (where they apparently check the address on their computer system) and then another stamp from the guy in the office next door.

Offline posleeds

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 08:07:18 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by biker1

Thanks for the link - followed this process the other day when I did my residency renewal - don't think I'd have managed it without the instructions.  

Just wanted to add that after going to office no.2 in the Kaymakamlik building I also needed to go in the office at the bottom of the stairs (where they apparently check the address on their computer system) and then another stamp from the guy in the office next door.

Oh...I didn't have to do that!
I was also told by the Muhtar that I didn't need to go & register at Gunlukbasi Police station.
Are you renting or do you own a property (i.e. Have a Tapu?) - I wonder if that makes a difference[?]

Offline Ozzie

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 18:50:15 PM »
Hi - sorry if I sound a bit thick - but would someone please be able to tell me where the passport police are in Fethiye.  Thanx

Offline Firo

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 08:24:16 AM »
Walk past the amphitheatre towards the boat yards, alongside the marina, and a few hundred meters on your right you will see a turning they are situated on the left at that corner just as you turn into the road.

Offline braveheart

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 06:24:31 AM »
There has been so many questions asked about residency permits so forgive me if I cannot find the answer to my following question by using the search facility!!

If a Residence Permit expires in January - is it possibly to get an extension to this permit in advance (say during October)??

Reason I ask is that I will not be in Turkey during the expiry period - but will be in residence 3 months prior to this date and would want to renew at this time
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 06:25:36 AM by braveheart »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf