Author Topic: Gocek  (Read 8584 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Gocek
« on: July 02, 2011, 17:07:12 PM »
As I mention elsewhere, Mrs H and I spend a very pleasant day out to Gocek. Having heard that only certain boats go there now, and only on a Sunday, and not wishing to spend two hours each way on a large boat we decided to take the dolmus from Fethiye. Travel time was roughly 45 minutes but I'm not sure that we didn't take a slight detour to an older passenger's house with a large sack of something or other.

Departure times are as follows and only 5.25 lira per person each way. Might be worth considering.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Gocek
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 17:26:51 PM »
We've gone by dolmus too in the past and thoroughly enjoyed our day at Gocek.
:D

Offline marina

Gocek
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 17:29:52 PM »
In agreement there Highlander.  We enjoy visiting Gocek and have done the trip by both dolmus and boat (Sunday market trip).  We really enjoyed the boat trip but going by road by dolmus is a different experience altogether and every bit as enjoyable. You are not tied by times of the boat either, you just please yourself.  Great day out.   :)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Gocek
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 19:19:51 PM »
We often visit Gockek too Mr H.
No need to travel into Fethyie for the dolmus though you can catch it on the top road.

Offline janmack

Gocek
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 21:50:15 PM »
We often go on the motorbike, fantastic views especially coming back, but we do love going on the boat on a Sunday as we can both have a glass of wine. In our opinion, best pides and huge glass of wine to be had at the Kebab Hospital...I am now thinking that's where we'll be tomorrow :)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Gocek
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 09:59:46 AM »
The name The Kebab Hospital always makes me giggle.   Have to agree H, we love Gocek and like to potter down on a sunday, do the market and then sit on the sea front and tuck into a large bowl of garlic prawns.. ymmmmm

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Gocek
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 10:02:25 AM »
oops wrong size - sorry Boss.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Gocek
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 10:03:55 AM »
Had a lovely day there last summer with friends. There was a great bar that also served food right on the shoreline - turn right facing the sea & it was the last place along. Problem is I cant remember too much about the journey home!!

Offline kaptainkrunchie

Gocek
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 10:45:15 AM »
Pookie,
Talking to the owner a few years back he told me that the name should have been "Kebab Hospitality" but the signwriter ran out of space so they settled for "Kebab Hospital"

Offline BernieTeyze

Gocek
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 16:11:52 PM »

We visited Gocek and Kebab Hospital both were very enjoyable. We were lucky to see Dolphins just away from our boat,on the way back too, fabulous end to a great day.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf