Author Topic: Turkish will  (Read 5118 times)

Offline Sus

Turkish will
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 13:23:57 PM »
I have been quoted 350 GBP for a Turkish will.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Turkish will
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 13:32:48 PM »
I asked my husband and he thinks it was £300 for the two of us. This was about 4 years ago.  Prices seemed to have gone up a lot in the last couple of years.

Offline BM06

Turkish will
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 13:48:54 PM »
Waste of time and money, Turkish law is Turkish law on inheritance for imovable assets ie homes/buildings, do not waste your money.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Turkish will
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2011, 13:52:22 PM »
Turkish lawyers KNOW that the will is not worth the papyrus that it is written on, so why do people insist on throwing money away?? This has been covered at great length on The Forum, my very helpful other half giving out more TRUE 1st hand info.,than was necessary to give, but, still the same question comes up, time & time again !! IT IS NOT WORTH IT !!!![:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]
As explained, our very special friend has spent thousands of GBP/Euro,in Turkey, England ,Rep. of Ireland, & Belgium, ALL to absolutely NO AVAIL !!
It should also be made clear that this process is "Time Sensitive", giving the Authorities even more opportunites to place obstacles in the way !!
Our friend was 70 years old when he passed over, but, his wife/widow HAD to produce Legal Affidavits to prove that BOTH of his parents were deceased !!  :o[:(!][:(!]
This debacle was/is presided over by The Turkish Embassy in Izmir, NOT The British Consulate, This particular case may form the basis  of a "Test Case", in European Courts !!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 13:57:04 PM by GordonA »

Offline Jackds

Turkish will
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 19:25:55 PM »
thanks everyone, decision made.......will he or wont he?

Answer.

No WILL.

In response to Sunnyd, it was for 2 persons me and my wife.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Turkish will
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 19:38:38 PM »

Taken from thread:  {A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}43415&whichpage=4&SearchTerms=consular%2Cpetition

quote:
Originally posted by loz

This is another of my pet hate subjects, Wills in Turkey, no such thing, total waste of time and money! After 4 years our friend is still fighting on, Like Hamilton, she obtained apostiled certificates stating family members do not wish to receive money from the property; however, the judge and Tapu manager threw the certificates out of court, they refused to re-cognise them. so it is after many years and thousands if £'s not TL back to the drawing board.
I am still looking for the UK lawyer who deals with the UK Will and attaches the Turkish property to the Estate of the deceased and the property sale then gets handled between the lawyers, not the judge. unfortunately for our friend this info arrived too late.

There is a long drawn out post on here regarding the experience and all the advice incorrect or otherwise. to date the only Will that I know of personally that has been actioned as requested is the Uk Will.

One day when I am not too busy, too hot, I will try again to find the details,  Firo I will send you an email if you would like to help with the search.

Offline patrice

Turkish will
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2011, 21:12:18 PM »
The purpose of our recent visit to Calis was to make a will.
I have a son from a previous marriage and my husband was happy for a will to be made out so my son  would inherit.
We went to a well known solicitor mentioned on the forum.
so we are in no doubt of this being correct
This is the info we were given
3 options
1 ) not making a will if I die my husband get total of 62.5 % my son 37.5 %
If my husband dies I get 75% his brother 25%

2) if we make a will cost approx £590 (inclusive of all costs)
but it will cost £3000 to execute plus £400 for paperwork + 6% Gov tax  and takes approx 2yrs

3) Put the Tapu in my name I then get 100 %
if I die my husband only get 25% my son 75%
These figure we went over with our solicitor to confirm we understood    :o

Just wished we had known this before we bought in Turkey lessons learnt :(same old story fools rush in !!!!

Offline littlereddevil

Turkish will
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2011, 09:57:34 AM »
Makes me decide to sell up before we pop our clogs!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Turkish will
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2011, 10:15:44 AM »
So, basically if you make a will and the person you nominate to inherit pays £3,400 plus tax the property will go to them, is this what the solicitor is saying?  If so, sounds like £3,400 well spent considering the options.

Offline patrice

Turkish will
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2011, 11:03:11 AM »
Yes but it was pointed out that all cases are different and other costs could be inccured along the way such as trips to Turkey.....
land registery.
This is on the basics of our circumstances.
Individual need to consider own relationship with those who inherit part of:- in the event of the death :- for instance my son said he would be willing to sell the property along with my husband if I died. I think one needs to look at own curcumstances the value of the property then consider if the will warrents the cost.
The cost of consultation with the solicitor was £50

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf