Author Topic: Winds of change for Hisaronu  (Read 22326 times)

Offline Diverbaz 1

Winds of change for Hisaronu
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2011, 09:41:11 AM »

For info, Karabag is the name of a place and the "G" is silent, as those of you with a little knowledge of turkish will know.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2011, 09:43:22 AM »
Some in this topic are still struggling with English, let alone Turkish

Scunner
Dinasour :D

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2011, 10:41:03 AM »
Sorry for the delay in coming back to this thread, but I have been otherwise engaged laughing at Man U.  At least us Gooners managed to score two goals in our Nightmare match:D

Anyway OPO you are right on the saturation point for some areas of Hisaranu, which has not been helped by the economic problems reducing the number of vistors since 2008.  The point you made about people going into debt to launch a business in Hisaranu is right, and not the first time I have heard it.  Not helped I am told by the ridiculous rents charged for business space in the area:-\

Highlander, you have a very exacting list of requirements for me to meet for your ideal bar.  So I can't pretend I can meet all of them, but can I recommend the Caribbean bar near to the taxi rank at the bottom of the main strip in Hisaranu.  Only problem is that I cannot remember the name of it, which is a common problem for me these days!!.  But when the Present Mrs Tickets arrives home, she can tell me (as she always does) and I will post it.  Anyway a great bar, good service, and with live reggae/calypso music in the background, quietly and beautifully performed by the owner, occasionally supported by his son.

Out of a number of choices of restaurant, I think I'd recommend Del Boys Restaurant.  You could only get away with that name in Hisaranou ;), although they are trying a rebrand to a more Turkish name, but no shock when I say I can't remember that name either:D.  Anyway the food there is good, plenty of choice, reasonably priced and good service.  One possible downside is that it always seems to be busy, but that is probably a good sign ... enjoy.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2011, 11:01:51 AM »
When I was in Booty in Hisaronu and was sitting next to a lady who came back twice per year every year for the last 18 years.. she had lots of friends also getting treatments in the salon.  I asked her what she loved so much about Hisaronu and she dived into her handbag and pulled out her camera.  "Wait till I show you this"  I was quite excited to see the picture.  "We all got this in Del Boy's this morning" she said. "Best Full English I every had, it was enormous" she told me and thrust a picture of a huge plate of eggs,bacon,sausage,tomato,beans etc., into my hand. All her friends then told me I must not miss this place.  
I was thinking I was going to see an image of a fabulous view, but then again, to these ladies it was!!

Offline BM06

« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2011, 11:32:11 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

When I was in Booty in Hisaronu and was sitting next to a lady who came back twice per year every year for the last 18 years.. she had lots of friends also getting treatments in the salon.  I asked her what she loved so much about Hisaronu and she dived into her handbag and pulled out her camera.  "Wait till I show you this"  I was quite excited to see the picture.  "We all got this in Del Boy's this morning" she said. "Best Full English I every had, it was enormous" she told me and thrust a picture of a huge plate of eggs,bacon,sausage,tomato,beans etc., into my hand. All her friends then told me I must not miss this place.  
I was thinking I was going to see an image of a fabulous view, but then again, to these ladies it was!!

Oh dear, oh very dear you[|)][|)]

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2011, 11:34:25 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

LOVL and it is good to see that the members of the Usedbustickets Supporters Club are making every effort not to cut the legs from underneath me and my supportive views of Hisaranu:D:D

Offline Linda

« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2011, 11:42:24 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by usedbustickets

Highlander, you have a very exacting list of requirements for me to meet for your ideal bar.  So I can't pretend I can meet all of them, but can I recommend the Caribbean bar near to the taxi rank at the bottom of the main strip in Hisaranu.  Only problem is that I cannot remember the name of it, which is a common problem for me these days!!.  But when the Present Mrs Tickets arrives home, she can tell me (as she always does) and I will post it.  Anyway a great bar, good service, and with live reggae/calypso music in the background, quietly and beautifully performed by the owner, occasionally supported by his son.

The bar you are referring to is Calypso and the owner/singers name is Bert and very good it is too ...  8)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 14:27:46 PM by Linda »

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2011, 13:37:42 PM »
Good grief - I fully realised that I was a year older yesterday and now I find I'm extinct.:(

Hugh Shaw - if you are going to call me names, then I would be very much obliged if the least you would do is make a fairly reasonable attempt at spelling that name correctly.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2011, 13:41:47 PM »
Hugh Shaw is a Hisaronu fan. I'm sure any evidence of chav behaviour is purely coincidental :D

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2011, 13:45:54 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by usedbustickets

Highlander, you have a very exacting list of requirements for me to meet for your ideal bar.  So I can't pretend I can meet all of them, but can I recommend the Caribbean bar near to the taxi rank at the bottom of the main strip in Hisaranu.  

Thanks for taking the time to reply UBT. Yes, it was an exacting list and I did suspect that Hisaronu was not necessarily the place to find it. However, if Mrs H and I are tempted to spend an evening in Hisaronu we will be sure to look it up.

Thanks for posting the name Linda.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf