Author Topic: Kimlik from the UK?  (Read 3480 times)

Offline Janice1971

Kimlik from the UK?
« on: April 13, 2012, 10:53:05 AM »
Does anybody know if the Turkish Consulate/Embassy can give a UK citizen a kimlik here in the UK?

Offline quackers

Kimlik from the UK?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 05:50:06 AM »
Wouldn't think so. Email them and ask.

Offline flower67-2009

Kimlik from the UK?
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 15:20:36 PM »
If you are married to somebody Turkish and living in the Uk then you can apply for you Kimlik card in London

Offline Janice1971

Kimlik from the UK?
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 17:54:32 PM »
thats great thank you xxx

Offline orca

Kimlik from the UK?
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 19:21:42 PM »
You can get all the details from the Turkish consulate website about all the documents you need to produce and you have to make an appointment and attend the consulate in Knightsbridge,London, to start the process and do your Turkish language test,i did it all on the same day.You have to pay cash on the day,it was about £80 if i remember right.Mine took 6 months from start to finish but would have taken longer had my husband not chased it up,it was stuck in Ankara.They send you a letter to say you have been successful in your application(this took 6 months) and then you send your 2 passport photos and a phoptocopy of your passport,thats the stage i am at now,just waiting for it to arrive,will let you know when it comes and how long it takes.Good luck with your application.

Offline Janice1971

Kimlik from the UK?
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 19:24:22 PM »
Hi Orca, many thanks for your reply, how much Turkish do I have to learn?  My youngest who is 2 also needs a Kimlik!

Offline orca

Kimlik from the UK?
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 19:45:23 PM »
Well I must say that it was more than i expected!!!Actually they wanted us to come back the next day for me to do it,but my husband insisted they did it that day as he had to work so they got me to do it there and then,there was a Turkish woman,my husband and myself in the room and she had a list of questions about 6 I think.It was ... How long have we been married?How long did i live in Turkey?Do i have any children and what are their ages ? Do I have many Turkish friends?What do I know about Turkish culture?In answer to this I said about Bayram etc and food culture,kebabs,baklava.Also she asked who was Ataturk and what did he do for Turkey? Do search this on the internet so that you can say plenty,you can get away with any language mistakes but you must know about Ataturk,its so important.I was so nervous by this time but she said to me that if i wanted to i could explain about Ataturk in English,so that was good.If you want to know anymore or need more help please feel free to send me an e-mail and i will do my best to help you.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf