Author Topic: Tapus Suspended May 2012  (Read 8833 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Tapus Suspended May 2012
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 17:53:14 PM »
Not thick, but there does seem to be just a handful of leaders and shedloads of followers - just look at the majority of seafront menus to see that, hardly a dish different between some of them.

I don't actually think there's much negative in the local property market - I've said before that when living in Turkey and exhibiting at the various UK overseas property exhibitions, I didn't see anywhere that gave pound for pound what Fethiye has to offer. You can get a two bedroom apartment with shared pool for 40k, get the history, weather, friendliness (and so the list goes on). I saw cheaper but bland places being promoted, and I saw possibly more refined/finished places but at a huge premium. I still don't think anywhere comes close.

I never fell out with the property industry in Turkey - you need to be careful as you do anywhere - if anything I became disillusioned with the customers not the builders...

Offline carlan

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 18:40:18 PM »
Thick might have been a tad harsh but you have to think the followers must be a bit dim!I agree with you about the area. We always stay in Kaya but a short drive in any direction gives you the best of all worlds, absolutely love it, I would never go anywhere else!

Offline SandyLea

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 15:09:35 PM »
Has the suspension now been lifted?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 15:14:19 PM »
No :(

Offline DANKY

• Never red
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2012, 11:09:37 AM »
Any idea when this is likely to be lifted please just i have a friend who is keen on investing in property in Calis  and  he is unaware that Tapu have been Suspended, the builder had not said any thing to him regarding TAPU suspension, after speaking with him he just told me that the builder has said to him that he needs to move fast as they cant build property quick enough as the demand to purchase in Calis is extremly Hi and a decision not to buy in August could mean a loss of property he is interested in  by Sept Oct i am no expert and really only get my info from you Guys but my gut feel is that the information supplyed to him is a little untrue !!!

Offline SandyLea

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, 11:16:25 AM »
Does the suspension apply to new and resales?  What are the implications of this if we find somewhere to buy in the next couple of months?

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 11:46:47 AM »
The main political parties are still arguing over the proposed changes.

The main problem seems to be that the ruling party included changes within the new bill that massively effects sales of land to corporates etc.  The CHP are against allowing large area's of land to be sold  to foreigners, which I can understand given Turkey's geographical location!

It's a shame that they can't seperate the issues, pass the laws that would make it easier for individuals to buy, then continue their argument at their leisure without crippling the entire building & property sectre of their country.

Foot - Shoot - Own, I think!

Lord knows when this will be sorted!  I'm so sorry for those in the middle of transactions.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2012, 15:59:40 PM »
There's nothing in the new law that affects or changes British people buying (as far as I know) in future - for us nothing changes. Because the law is being changed to allow more people to buy, the current law is suspended till the new law has been through the process and is put in place.

It shouldn't affect people looking to buy now too much - maybe a longer wait than normal for your military checks and your tapu, but you can still do your viewing and contracts if you see something you want to purchase.

Offline SandyLea

• Newly Registered
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 13:40:07 PM »
...the thing that worried me was that I thought you needed a Tapu before your could register for a year's residency.  If you waited for the Tapu for months, how would that impact on the fact you only get 3 months' tourist visa and then, basically, are kicked out?  There seems to be an anomaly there that the Government have not thought through (unlike our own dear government who always think things through with clarity - TONGUE IN CHEEK!)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 15:08:50 PM »
No you don't specifically need a tapu to get residency, it won't be an issue for you if you have to wait - it is easily sorted  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf