Author Topic: Walking advice please  (Read 1900 times)

Offline angela

Walking advice please
« on: July 18, 2012, 09:35:01 AM »
We are very keen walkers, and have walked Olu Deniz to Faralya many times, or got the dolmus to Faralya and walked back down.
We have not been beyond to Kabak. Can anyone tell me how far from Faralya to Kabak, is it very steep?
I have this concern that Kabak is at sea level, which would mean a tough walk back up to Faralya, also how often does the dolmus go to/from Kabak
many thanks in anticipation

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Re: Walking advice please
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 09:39:59 AM »
Be very careful walking anywhere in this heat Angela, can really get to you and dehydrate you, just walking into Calis does me in.

Offline valleyboy

Re: Walking advice please
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 10:25:07 AM »
Do you intend to walk on the road, or on the Lycian Way ? - By the Lycian Way route Faralaya to Kabak the distance (to Kabak beach) is 7.6 Km and should take about 2 to 2.5 hours (depending on how fast you walk and what you are carrying). I am unsure how far it is by road possibly approximately 5.5 Km.

If you go by the Lycian Way the route is not too bad a bit of a climb up as you come out of Faralaya village, but then flattens to meadows and then down hill into Kabak, then as you say a down hill section from the village of Kabak to the beach (but the path is good), a little bit of a climb then to get back up. You could always get a lift up or just stop your walk in the village and have lunch (The views are still stunning !, The Olive Garden restaurant very good).

I think the Dolmus goes back every hour or so (from the village).

I hope this makes sense, if not please ask further questions, but as previously mentioned take care with the heat at the moment and carry plenty of water !. Enjoy   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf