Author Topic: Akkaya Garden, Lake and Restaurant - Akkaya  (Read 2797 times)

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Akkaya Garden, Lake and Restaurant - Akkaya
« on: August 26, 2012, 21:52:28 PM »
Firstly I should thank Karaoke Mark for telling us about this place, it was...simply amazing

It has been mentioned a few times on the forum a few years ago but I thought as we had a great time there today I would write a quick update.

It is located close to Dalaman, an easy 1hr drive from Calis, and consists of many things but for us it was the Gardens, Restaurant and Lake that stood out.

I was with my wife, friends and our children (8 and 12yrs) and started the visit by using their Pool, it does cost a small fee (5tl) but well worth it. Following this we made our way to the lake for a leisurely trip up the river taking in some of the most stunning scenery we have seen in Turkey. Stopping on the way for a mud bath we ended up at our own private beach complete with small bar and the cleanest toilets we have ever seen with open views to the sky! We could choose how long we stayed there and opted for a couple of hours which gave us plenty of time for swimming and kayacking though a relax in the hammock or on the sun loungers was also an option. Then it was a return trip to the jetty and the pool again before our meal at the restaurant.

Our meal was enjoyed in one of the 'Birds Nest' seating areas which are perched on the side of the trees which gave a great viewing position for the restaurant and gardens. The food was...in a word...outstanding and very well priced with starters from just 5tl and main courses of steaks for 25tl. Sides of bread were constantly flowing.

I have attached a few photos of the place (taken from the website below) but I can only encourage you to visit it yourselves.

http://www.akkaya-valley.com/

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Akkaya Garden, Lake and Restaurant - Akkaya
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 21:54:24 PM »

Offline Mary Howarth

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 04:40:34 AM »
Its truly a wonderful place i was there but its a while ago and i stayed overnight in one of the villa's. We went fishing on the green lake and stayed on the small island for a couple of hours. I have to say its well worth the journey.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Akkaya Garden, Lake and Restaurant - Akkaya
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 06:45:07 AM »
Definitely worth a visit, although we felt the lake trip was a bit pricey for the duration, especially as they tried to charge us for 2 Turkish people on the boat as well.
The restaurant, the service, the food and the stork nest setting was wonderful.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 07:19:27 AM »
We got to know about this place from Linda (kayakebab) really is a great day out
Mark

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 07:30:01 AM »
I think with the boat trip it depends how many of you there are. There was 7 of us and at 150Tl we figured this was good value for the trip, stop off, mud bath and the kids getting to steer the boat

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 08:54:11 AM »
and the kids getting to steer the boat

Is that why you ended up in the mud bath??????????

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf