Author Topic: Kaleici, Antalya update.  (Read 2741 times)

Offline ovacik2

Kaleici, Antalya update.
« on: October 08, 2012, 14:54:50 PM »
Kaleici Antalya. Booked accommodation 3rd Oct 2 nights with Booking.com lots of choice and prices, the review section with Booking.com is up to date and we found, helpful, sign up and you can see the “secret” deals. As many will know but for those who don’t a Kaleici is a great place to visit, stay and explore. The original City of  Antalya with lots of Ottoman Houses restored and being restored, interesting history and a small Harbour just below the old town. Kaleici has three main road entrances with barriers off Ataturk Ave, not too well signed, we entered through the Hadrianus.  Outside the Old Town there are lots of eateries great Turkish ones too, Doner lovers paradise, Iskender 50g 8t 100g 10t etc and a street named Donerciler Carsisi, in fact a pleasing Turkish area altogether. There seemed big reductions / Sales in the shops too. The tram from Kaleici to Konyaalti Beach is worth a try.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas about Kaleici?....

A few pics but so so much more to see.
Click on Pics.

Breakfast at   http://www.mutlugozleme.com/  65k from Fethiye. Christmas table cover a very nice touch. Very pleasing family.

Korkuteli main Street!!! The road to Antalya is like a motorway, maybe OK when it blends in more. By pass for Korkuteli ,just had to see the town again.

Tram worth a ride!

Kaleici.

Hadrianus Gate.

Elmali on the way home.

A great drive Elmali to Seki.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 16:23:40 PM by ovacik2 »

Offline apollo

Re: Kaleici, Antalya update.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 15:59:59 PM »
Donerciler Carsisi. Do not be put off by the corrugated iron roof. The food in the area is very good. The restaurants in the street behind it are also very good.

One word of warning. Close to the clock tower entrance to Kaleiçi and one of the tram stops.There is a restaurant / lokanta. I forget the name of the establishment ,but most of the outside is painted orange , ensure that you get a price list and then a receipt. A couple of years ago some friends of ours was charged 90 lira for a coke and a kebab.
The owner refused any discussion on the problem and when threatened with the police, he pointed out two policemen , his friends, who were eating at a nearby table.

Offline quackers

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 06:29:36 AM »
I loved all the statues down the road where the old tram runs. And the park ınsıde the old walls.

Offline ovacik2

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 06:52:57 AM »

I loved all the statues down the road where the old tram runs. And the park ınsıde the old walls.

The statues on all the roundabouts too, must have bought a job lot and 50 ltr gold paint?? This is also how Antalya keep their white stones white! Spray Paint em!   
click on pic

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 14:17:28 PM »
Thanks for sharing.

We hope to do a few overnight (or two night) trips away this winter weather permitting so I am enjoying reading about some of the trips CBF members have been posting recently.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf