Author Topic: Recommendations ?  (Read 3067 times)

Offline Steve A

Recommendations ?
« on: January 05, 2013, 07:25:11 AM »
Coming in May for the 1st time ever just me and the missus.Usually loads of family /friends with us and we do the usual,prom,boat trip,markets,Fish market ,Sun Dial etc.We want to do something different this time but not too far afield any recommendations would be welcomed

Offline philrose

Re: Recommendations ?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 08:13:26 AM »
Kaya Koy is a great day out, there are a number of small quiet bays out past the boat yard that are good for a change of scene, the ancient city of Tolos is less than an hour away as too is the  Saklikent Gorge (you could probably combine these two as one trip). Other places to consider would Dalyan and Patara..

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 09:30:19 AM »
Seki and Elmali are also worth a visit. You can get to them by dolmus. No need to join organised tours and you get plenty of time to take in the views up in the "yaylas".

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 10:42:47 AM »
 Steve
          Sarigerme near Dalaman is a nice beach,maybe stop at Gocek on the way back.We hired a car for the

day, but i think you can get to these places by dolmus if you wish  8)     

Offline Steve A

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 14:51:16 PM »
Thanks Kaya sounding good.Forgot to say been to Tlos,Xanthos,Patara,Saklikent,Olu,Hisaronu,Gocek,Uzumlu,Cadianda when I have hired a car in previous years.Wasnt sure if I wanted a car this time round,maybe just wanted to jump on Domus for day and try and see some nice places fairly nearby.

Offline migert123

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 15:02:30 PM »
Butterfly valley

A nice way to spend the day would be to go to Öludeniz by Dolmuş and jump on the boat to Butterfly valley (Kelebek vadisi).
You can spend the day there, swim in clear blue water and sunbath on the beach. There used to be a restaurant - hope it is still open, it's been some time we've been there last.
Everything in Kelebek vadisi is very natural and plain, though, don't expect any luxury!

There is a gorge and waterfall at the end of the valley - make sure you're wearing decent shoes or trek sandals and are prepared to get a bit wet.

You can find more info on Tripadvisor.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 15:50:35 PM »
There won't be much of a waterfall at this time of the year. More like a waterdribble.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 16:58:27 PM »
.... or butterflies !

Offline Steve A

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 20:37:28 PM »
Thanks for your replies but been and gone !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf