Author Topic: Wedding costs/advice  (Read 5459 times)

Offline Bluwise

Wedding costs/advice
« on: January 16, 2013, 07:38:13 AM »
Friends of ours are planning to get married in Olu area next year and have had several quotes for packages. 
I have no idea what is a reasonable amount to pay and wondered if anyone could give me an idea of what they have paid recently? 
I appreciate there are lots of options and prices will vary greatly but if anyone is able to give me a rough idea of cost and what was included then I can maybe give them some steer to avoid the silly quotes that are bound to happen!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Wedding costs/advice
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 08:46:08 AM »
In the case of our son's wedding we were offered a package but only took the parts we wanted.  So we bought our own French Champagne as the toast was £8.00 per glass and it was Turkish Champagne.  We  arranged our own cake (the quote was £200 for a cake) The cake was £32.00.  We also arrranged our own flowers. We then got Wedding Favours and Confetti which was not included in the package.  We also arranged our own Photographer, which worked out a lot cheaper.   So, IMO it's best to pick the parts of the package you want the venue to arrange and then the parts you want to arrange. The problem with a package is it can be very much the same for each couple, it's nice to personalise a Wedding to your requirements.
If you want to email me privately I can give you any more details you want . ;D

Offline lenny

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 10:25:50 AM »
Take a look at weddings.turkey.com. The prices are very reasonable and you are married on the beach in oludeniz. Weddings can be personalised which can also change the price but as I said, the price is very reasonable and the quality is excellent.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 14:33:19 PM »
mice first post lenny:(

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 18:29:02 PM »
A new wedding dress shop has just opened in Calis... The dresses are for sale but can be rented.This shop is much cheaper than the ones in Fethiye... Rental would be a good way of saving money...It is opposite Tansas in Calis,

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 18:38:41 PM »
Thanks everyone for the replies so far - I will see what has been included in their package quotes.

Jacqui, I will refer to your earlier posts regarding 'favours',  flowers etc.  and thanks for the offer - I will message you if there is anything specific -
Thank you all very much.  I'm sure I will be back with more questions for my friends  :o

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 21:11:45 PM »
Take a look at weddings.turkey.com. The prices are very reasonable and you are married on the beach in oludeniz. Weddings can be personalised which can also change the price but as I said, the price is very reasonable and the quality is excellent.
Thank you so much - I will pass it on.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 21:12:31 PM »
A new wedding dress shop has just opened in Calis... The dresses are for sale but can be rented.This shop is much cheaper than the ones in Fethiye... Rental would be a good way of saving money...It is opposite Tansas in Calis,
Oh wow, what a good idea - thank you.

Offline lissa

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 05:42:36 AM »
Try www.anatoliansky.co.uk  I have posted on this subject before - I have been organising weddings for Anatolian Sky for the past 11 years. We offer different packages to suit all, or can tailor make to suit individual requirements. Phone number is 0121 764 3550, if you prefer to speak to someone personally. We are a company who pride ourselves on our service and attention to detail, so would be able to assist your friends.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 08:12:38 AM »
This last posting  is a corker...  IMO I would always want to use a business that is recommended by someone who has used it and is happy, not recommended by someone who works for the company. :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf