Author Topic: Hotel advice  (Read 3603 times)

Offline Kirsty26

Hotel advice
« on: April 20, 2013, 16:15:16 PM »
Hi All

I hope this finds you well.

I am looking to come out to Calis for 2 months from the middle of July to the middle of September and was wondering if anyone could suggest some good reasonably priced hotels that will allow guests to stay that long.
Since its only me I figured a hotel was cheaper than an apartment.

Previously I have stayed at the Oykun and Remer but due to being a coeliac I find that just bed and breakfast is the best board type for me.

I am concious that I won't be able to work in Calis so I need to stick to a budget

Any help and advice is much appreciated.

Kirsty x

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Hotel advice
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 17:31:02 PM »
Hi Kirsty, It might be a good idea to negotiate a rate with an Hotel.  I am sure they would welcome your business for a couple of months.  Try the Tugay which is a nice Hotel and I know people who only paid £9.00 for B.&.B. Also perhaps, the Harman which always gets good reviews.  We met a couple who where staying there and loved it.  We also had friends staying at the Nevada Su and enjoyed it there.
The Pelin is another good bet.  I have also heard the Cenk Bay is good and very reasonable.
Good luck with your search.  Let us know how you get on.

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 17:51:12 PM »
Go onto Sunshine.com and look for the Aymes Hotel. Problem is, you want high season which could be expensive anywhere.

Offline Robw

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 18:00:49 PM »
How about Letoon since its refurb? Safe location also being on the prom!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 08:13:53 AM »
I have sent you a PM Kirsty.

Offline Kirsty26

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 12:54:10 PM »
Thank you for your response's.
I contacted the Tugay and they said it's £ 20 a night. 

I have been looking through the hotel booking sites hotels4u, sunshine etc and the cheapest seem to be Aymes and Tugay.
I know where the Aymes is but for some reason I cant picture the Tugay.

A friend of mine also reminded me that the Nil Bar has rooms, does anyone know who I should ask?

Ive been looking at two sets of dates 16/07-16/09 and the 01/08-10/10.

Sorry for all the q's and babbling on.

Best wishes Kirsty x

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 13:23:16 PM »
Hi Kirsty,
If you go to the traffic lights at the dolphinless roundabout and turn left,cross the road so you are on the left walk passed the Pelin Hotel and the next set of light turn right and the Tugay is just there.  I might add there is a very good pide place opposite the Tugay called Amber Pide.  The food is very good and very cheap.  We have often got a take away from there and also we have seen many people from the Tugay eating in there. 
Incidentally, I did read last year that this pide place was opening a B.&.B. over the restaurant area, might we worth checking it out.
I remember Toky staying there and saying she enjoyed her stay and would go back.   ;)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 18:31:01 PM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline angela

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 13:26:04 PM »
We stayed at the Tugay two years ago, it was ok, not one of my favourites, it's the other side of the dual carriageway, which a lot of older guests didn't like, it's beyond the Pelin, but not far.

Offline maria1949

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 13:43:14 PM »
I stay at the Cenk Bey,nice hotel,central just across from the Waterpark.I sometimes go on my own so this hotel is ideal,not too far to walk at night,also on bus route and dolmus.Nice staff as well.

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 14:55:30 PM »
I can recommend the Aymes.  It's location is perfect and the staff are friendly and accommodating.  The hotel is under new management this year and I know the staff from their previous hotel, which they managed for 11 years.  I used to use the pool at the Tugay Hotel which is very nice but personally I would choose the Aymes as it is more central and as I said, I know the manager and staff.  You wont be disappointed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf