Author Topic: Calis Manaspark Hotel Review - "Mutlu Lite"  (Read 1843 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Calis Manaspark Hotel Review - "Mutlu Lite"
« on: April 22, 2013, 10:51:51 AM »
As we were arriving in the late evening I decided to book the Manaspark Hotel (just along from the Mutlu, closer to the water taxis) for the first night and then again for the last night. We paid £28 per night for the two of us including breakfast (fairly usual Turkish breakfast for a B&B hotel in Calis - a good selection here) and very good aircon/heating. Photos at bottom...

With the very popular Mutlu becoming Thomson only and with that a lot more expensive than it once was, and key staff leaving - I wonder if this could be a viable economy alternative - the hotel is laid out very similarly and location is pretty much the same.

Manaspark Hotel gets quite a caning on Tripadvisor and someone explained that there is a hotel in Olu Deniz by the same name which is awful and people are searching TA to write a slating report and finding the Calis one instead. Having stayed there now, that is fairly plausible. It is no Ece Saray for sure but it is not "a filthy hole" as one person wrote. It was very clean and the bedding was bright white.

Quickly I'll get the bad points out of the way then the good (based on us paying £14 a night per person inc. breakfast and AC)

Not so good points:

• The hotel is slowly improving and is clean and comfortable - far, far better than the hotel it once was - but furniture can be a bit wonky, marked or just old/tired
  • Bathrooms all seem refurbished and quite modern, but very small
  • Rooms are small
  • Unlike Mutlu, no lift - outside stairs only. No problem to us but will be to some
  • Balconies are small - two seats provided but not a table for my sunset cocktail
  • Sound insulation not great - you can hear phone ringing in other rooms, tv's etc if they are on loud
  • Pool looked nice (not open yet) but looks a bit tight for space around

And now the good points:

• Location on seafront is hard to beat
  • Staff have enough English and mostly very welcoming and friendly
  • All rooms have sea view - magnificent too (see below)
  • Breakfast on the prom is just so nice a way to start the day (photo below)
  • Now the important stuff - the wifi is amazing - easily the best I have ever known in a Turkey hotel - each floor has it's own internet connection.
  • Very clean
  • Bathrooms while very small are well appointed and modern

Some photos:

Sea view from first room towards Red Island:

Sea view from second room towards Sovalye Island:

Sea view taken from our breakfast table:

Worth £28 a night for two? I'd say definitely, the only issue is the noise insulation (or lack of it) but this is not uncommon - the Pelin was the same for example.

Manaspark Hotel:

Offline angela

Re: Calis Manas park Hotel - "Mutlu Lite"
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 11:05:50 AM »
Is it open all year Keith?
I do so love that view, that is the big thing I am going to miss with no Dolphin Beach this year, no brekkie on the prom!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Calis Manaspark Hotel - "Mutlu Lite"
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 11:10:25 AM »
Yes all year round Angela. We were very impressed to arrive in the dark and have the girl on reception waiting with our reservation and key in her hand. This was our first Calis hotel with breakfast on the prom included, I understand why you would dearly miss that  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf