Author Topic: Seeking garden furniture  (Read 3457 times)

Offline shuttle

Seeking garden furniture
« on: April 27, 2013, 12:37:07 PM »
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know or recommend where I can buy some garden furniture. I'm looking for a couple of outside sofa's and a coffee table where the framework is made of wrought iron and the cushions are easily removed and taken indoors.
I have seem many different ones in peoples gardens so I'm sure they are local.

Many thanks in advance

Anthony

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Seeking garden furniture
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 12:44:09 PM »
Where are you staying??  Migros in Fethiye have garden furniture, so does Kipa.  Eren Spot is a good bet as they deliver and we have bought most of our garden stuff from them.  In Calis there is a shop on the opposite side to Aydin Pide. They have a guy in there making all the covers.  Also a lot of shops down the Gunlukbasi Road.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 12:51:11 PM »
None of which sell wrought iron furniture Jacqui ;D

I think your best bet is to travel on the Gunlukbasi road toward Fethiye and the Calis road towards Fethiye, there are lots of new garden furniture shops springing up now also if you travel along the Gunlukbasi road toward Fethiye turn left at the otogar lights and there is a wrought iron shop on the left hand side that will actually make to your design or you can purchase from their display  ;)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 12:58:11 PM »
There's a good wrought iron shop opposite what used to be Goksular Yaki Market (now called something like Home Pro ?). They've got a good range of furniture in stock and they'll also make stuff to your own design. The lad that runs it is called Ramos (short for Ramazan) and he speaks excellent English.

Just seen Tink's post above and I think we're describing the same shop.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 13:03:33 PM »
We are Alan  :)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 17:06:10 PM »
Send a message via the forum to member jazzy, Ramos's wife Sarah.   

Offline jazzy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 18:57:45 PM »
Hi Anthony,

My husband runs the wrought iron furniture shop the people above have kindly recommended...

It is midway along the bit of main road between the Mulga/Otogar junction and the big Migros junction, opposite the bright orange DIY shop "HomeProf"

You are welcome to pop in and look around or choose something from the photos on the computer there of things made in the past for customers. Everything is made locally and can be done to any measurements you want.

If you wish to see Ramazan whilst there, please give him a call on 0532 7333 006 beforehand to make sure he will be there when you pop by.

kind regards,

sarah

Offline shuttle

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 21:39:48 PM »
Thank you Jazzy for getting in touch and for all of you for the recommendations.

Jazzy I am out there in 5 weeks time and now I know where you are I will be visiting you on Monday 3rd June.

Many thanks

Anthony

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 07:17:40 AM »
Hi Anthony,

My husband runs the wrought iron furniture shop the people above have kindly recommended...

It is midway along the bit of main road between the Mulga/Otogar junction and the big Migros junction, opposite the bright orange DIY shop "HomeProf"

You are welcome to pop in and look around or choose something from the photos on the computer there of things made in the past for customers. Everything is made locally and can be done to any measurements you want.

If you wish to see Ramazan whilst there, please give him a call on 0532 7333 006 beforehand to make sure he will be there when you pop by.

kind regards,

sarah

I can recommend this shop they made a bed for us last year. Excellent work. He as examples and can copy anything off a picture or the internet. Delivered and put together in our absence. As I said highly recommended.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf