Author Topic: Long bus trips.  (Read 8617 times)

Offline Findik

• Newly Registered
Long bus trips.
« on: August 15, 2013, 17:29:27 PM »
It is so easy to visit all over Turkey by bus from Fethiye, as long as you don't mind the long bus journeys, which can be very interesting. Amasya well worth a visit, 18 hours from Fethiye.
I have also just completed a fantastic 8 day tour of Eastern Turkey starting at Trabzon which was 23 hours by bus from Fethiye and coming back from Diyabakir 25 hours. The tour visited everywhere of interest inbetween these towns. Travelling along the borders of Georgia, Armenia, Iran, Iraq. The journey back from Diyabakir was very close to the Syrian border although I was a lone female traveller I experienced no problems. So many incredible and beautiful sights to see in Eastern Turkey I recommend it to you all.

Offline ovacik2

Re: Long bus trips.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 12:01:52 PM »
Admire your travel stamina Findik. Was the 8 day private or organised? Was the accommodation
pre booked? Sounds great no easy way to see that area of Turkey. Any other information?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 17:58:58 PM »
A friend and I drove up from Fethiye to Sivas a few years ago for the Kangal Festival. It's amazing how the landscape and culture changes as you travel across Turkey.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 22:07:47 PM »
Hope you will post some photos Findik - did a similar trip along the borders with my mum from Kars to Van all on local transport no pre-booked accommodation and it was great with some amazing scenery and sights.

Locals were very friendly and kind and we were always being invited in for cups of tea to people's homes.

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 22:43:56 PM »
I'd love to see photos too Findik.  That all sounds fascinating.  Something I think we'd both love to do.  Very brave doing it alone though.  I'm glad to hear that it was OK.

Offline Findik

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 12:34:13 PM »
Sorry I am not great on the computer and don't no how to put photos on here. The 8 day trip from Trabzon to Diaybakir was pre booked with Alkans Tours but all passengers except me cancelled, So the boss 'Sabahttin' took me by ourselves. What a fantastic trip and Sabhttin was a perfect gentleman with an incredible knowledge of the history of the area and he spoke perfect English.
I now know all the places I want to go back to and am prepared to do it by myself.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 13:07:57 PM »
Findik - if you have them stored on your computer simply click on Add image to post just above this box, then click on browse on the following page, slect the photo you want to post and click Upload It.

Hope this helps  :)

Offline Findik

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 22:50:40 PM »
Thanks Highlander. Did try to upload photos but even though I reduced size to thumbnail it still told me they were too large?

Offline Findik

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 08:33:56 AM »

I Managed it. This is Sumela Monastery outside Trabzon.

Offline Findik

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 08:44:36 AM »

The ruins of Ani near Kars.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf