Author Topic: New ('ish) Walking Trails South West Turkey - Carian Trail  (Read 2664 times)

Offline valleyboy

New ('ish) Walking Trails South West Turkey - Carian Trail
« on: March 22, 2014, 09:31:58 AM »
For those of you interested in walking / trekking some more trails opened around Mugla, Icmeler, Bodrum, Dalyan, Datca areas,"The Carian Trail". Just purchased the guide and going to "recce" some of the trail, probably Datca section, end of April, will post more information / pics after that.

For more information;

http://www.cariantrail.com/
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 11:27:57 AM by valleyboy »

Offline Lorraine

Re: New ('ish) Walking Trails South West Turkey - Carian Trail
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 20:47:00 PM »
I did see some of the signs for this trail when I was in the Bozburn area last year, but could not find out any more information what they related to.
Is the book available in Turkey? Very interested as I spend a lot of time in the summer in coastal areas and love walking.

Offline valleyboy

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 09:02:17 AM »
I'm not really sure if the guide book is available in Turkey Lorraine, as I got mine on line in the UK, I'm sure if you have a postal address in Turkey you could get it on line, not sure whether you'd get one over the counter.

As I say I'm probably doing about 5 days end of April and can give more info after that, I'll also have GPS files for the sections I walk (also available from the guide once purchased) which I can send you as a GPX file, if you use a GPS device that is. I can also extract information for you from my guide if you wish.

Also another option is that if you live in Turkey and have problems getting a copy I can get another on line here in the UK and bring it out for you end of April. 

P.S. I've just noticed from your profile that you appear to be based in France so you should be able to get a copy sent there.

Offline Lorraine

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 11:03:14 AM »
Dear valley boy.
Thanks for your reply. I leave here in just three weeks and didn't want to chance the book not arriving. I sent a message to the Carian trail people, had a very prompt friendly reply, they can deliver the book to me in Fethiye or it is also available in kayakoy, so I will probably take a trip there to get it. The route looks very interesting and we will almost certainly be doing some sections this summer. The gokova gulf (north datca coast inland to gokova) was so quiet when we were sailing there last July. Anyway, many thanks for posting about the trail, looking forward to some great exploring.
Lorraine

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 11:31:48 AM »
I just had a look at the site before forwarding the link onto walking friends of ours, and I have to say that the photographs used on the site are stunning.  So even if you are like me not a walker, it is worth going to the site for the photographs alone, fantastic.  :)  :)

Offline valleyboy

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 11:45:44 AM »
Enjoy Lorraine ! - Agreed UBT, can't wait to "hit the trail", I'll try and get some photo's and post them (though I'm no David Bailey !!   ;) )

VB

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf