Author Topic: Lake Bafa  (Read 7279 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Re: Lake Bafa
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2014, 12:20:35 PM »
Thanks for that - excellent - it sounds just our sort of journey.

We went to Bodrum on the bus last year for a weeks holiday and would consider doing it by car along the route you describe as a Spring or early Autumn trip (when hire prices are cheaper) and you also feel far from the maddening crowd :-)

Offline IanK

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2014, 13:07:02 PM »
Guys,

the Bodrum peninsula and armpit it is then.

Rimms, don't worry, I'll keep it a secret, just you, me and the other 10,000 forum members know about it now.

Ian

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2014, 13:12:37 PM »
I used to pretend to be worried about keeping it secret but since, I guess, 80/85% of holiday visitors to Akyaka are Turkish it is a bit hard to keep the news from them!

Offline lissa

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2014, 18:36:26 PM »
Try and make time to either have breakfast or dinner in one of the restaurants along the Azmak river in Akyaka, or maybe both! The restaurants are famous as being fish restaurants but many serve meat also. Akyaka definitely closer to Marmaris than to Bodrum, travel wise, but years away from both in terms of foreign tourism. Hotels and BBs here but very busy during the Turkish summer holiday season, especially at weekends. The beach at Akyaka is also very busy at weekends as many people from the surrounding local areas visit there, so better to go mid week. visit to Cinar beach worth while, a short distance from the town, 10 minutes in a taxi or around a 30 minute walk. Some hotels in Akyaka are open all year, so can stop off there also in the winter, though not much else open then. season here seems to be mid/ end of may to end of September.

Offline lissa

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2014, 18:51:54 PM »
Forgot to say............ there are 2 ways to get into Akyaka from the main road. From the Fethiye direction, when you reach the lights and roundabout for the turn off for Marmaris, you have 2 choices, either go up the hill towards Mugla and take the turning on the left to Akyaka, this is signed, then take the second left hand turn which will take you into the lower part of the town and the beach, OR, which is prettier route, turn left at this roundabout. then at the end of the road, turn left and you will soon be following alongside the Azmak river. Along here are also some small Lycian rock tombs, on the right hand side by the road. They are very small compared to those at Dalyan and Fethiye but at street level.

Offline lissa

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2014, 18:58:03 PM »
God this has been a long day! meant take RIGHT at the roundabout for the prettier route! Just as well I am not employed doing google maps...........or any others!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf