Author Topic: New road,new bridge.  (Read 24848 times)

Offline quackers

Re: New road,new bridge.
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2014, 13:42:01 PM »
I went to the Belediye and the work ıs the Waterboard F-TIP. Belediye thınk ıts dredgıng thats goıng on not buıldıng work. I am goıng to F-TIP offıce on thursday to fınd out what ıts all about and view any plans they have. I wıll also ask what they propose to do about the mess and the roads/area  before we get more raın.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2014, 14:10:01 PM »
I think that sounds promising  :)

Offline DANKY

• Never red
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2014, 14:10:59 PM »
Thank you Quackers not being there is a concern my villa is past the dustbin in your picture it one of the four yellow coloured ones behind where there are 4 new  bases down for new villas to go up
Mickey mouse i was out for the whole of the six weeks holiday  so i did see the new villa you was on about going up never really bothered us as it was fairly tidy and no body was working during the summer ,my concern is
1 coaches will not be coming this way they will go beach road so only us will see the mess left
2 with burglaries etc already in the area will this increase with staff accommodation to the hotel on our door step
3 I work in London get fed up with all the rush rush busy busy commuting so go there for the rural aspect  to escape it all
now all I can think of is there will be more cars more people more hastle
4 When my Turkish neighbours say time to sell up our property will decrease in value with the Hi De Hi team next door I have to stop and have a major rethink

Thank you Quackers for raising our concerns, please keep updating the photo,s  as its the only way i can put my mind at rest
as feeling very isolated at the minute not being out there

Danky

Offline quackers

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2014, 17:15:47 PM »
Read my post Danky ıt ıs the waterboard doıng the work no buıldıng of staff accomodatıon as far as I know. Wıll post agaın when I have been to F-TIP offıce on thursday. I know where your vılla ıs. My frıend lıves at the end of that road and ıs lıable to floodıng ın a normal wınter let alone wıth the lake beıng dredged.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2014, 18:10:16 PM »
I think dredging the lake could prevent flooding as the lake will hold a lot more water after the rain, I note they are also carrying out what looks like a big dredging and drainage works running alongside the Jiva beach resort. Could this also be linked?

Hope you get it sorted one way or the other as it looks a mess at the moment.

Offline DANKY

• Never red
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2014, 20:01:20 PM »
Thanks Quackers think you posted while i was typing today
i hope you are correct,

i had a long talk with Hamit at the pension today  told me it is houses for hotel staff  he works for the Belediye and had spoken to somebody on behalf of  his dad
he was not  concerned really thought it would be ok and better for the area in the long run

My Turkish neighbour on the other hand is  the opposite saying to  me its not good and i should be worried and he is normally very laid back

Hamit said they are   pole  driving the ground for stable foundations as we know houses  have sunk in that area before and this time they will do a professional job. all will be better by May next year for the start of the season.
 Hence my heads spinning but ill take a chill pill and await on any news you might be able to kindly share with us after your visit

Danky 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 20:57:29 PM by DANKY »

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2014, 08:13:58 AM »
This might be of interest for those not familiar with construction
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_foundation

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2014, 08:25:50 AM »
Yes - pile driving, not pole driving  ;)

Offline George Warner

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2014, 08:26:42 AM »
George,if you look behind Jiva you will see yet another complex being built.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2014, 10:29:17 AM »
Ahh, is that what it is? Obviously my notion that with lake dredging and big drainage works by Jiva that someone had finally come up with a joined up infrastructure plan to relive flooding down that end was stretching the imagination a bit far !!

We continue to dream.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf