Author Topic: transfering between accounts ?  (Read 1717 times)

Offline patch

transfering between accounts ?
« on: June 23, 2014, 07:41:53 AM »
i have a monthly saver with finans and a daily  account that the direct debit for electricity bills come out of . i am thinking of transfering some from the monthly to the daily , so i have some money in for when electricity bills are taken out . also it will save me queing up for ages in the bank to put money in the daily account . ive heard the if ou dont take the money from the monthly account on a certain day of the month , then you will loose the interest for that particular month . So do i need to transfer the money between my accounts on the actual day that the interest is paid , as ive noticed that one month its the 20th then month after its 21st then 23rd etc . thanks

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Re: transfering between accounts ?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 08:10:57 AM »
Your account sounds like its a 32 day account.
Yes, you will lose the interest for the month and need to do the transfer on the due date.
Instead of going in and queuing, email and ask for the transfer to happen on the due date. You could ask to have the interest paid into your daily account each time the due date turns.
Or for the future you could open a double egg account which still earns a smaller amount interest, have the interest on the due date transferred always to that account and then use Internet banking to transfer to your daily account as and when you need it for the bills.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf