Author Topic: Dalaman to fethiye airport transfer by bus  (Read 8230 times)

Offline lissa

Re: Dalaman to fethiye airport transfer by bus
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 14:14:52 PM »
Both buses are running, at the same times! Leave Fethiye at 05.30, 06.45, 18.00 and 19.30. Man in Fethiye office said they meet all flights in at Dalaman at both domestic and international terminals. Muttas bus costs 7.5 lira, Havas one is 10 lira.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 16:46:36 PM »
Man in Fethiye office said they meet all flights in at Dalaman at both domestic and international terminals.

Thats not correct.  They do not meet international flights, only domestic - the current timetable reflects this where there are two buses in the morning and two in the evening to service the early THY & Pegasus flights and the respective evening departures.  The do go via the international terminal, but if your flight doesn't arrive at the same time as the domestic flights, forget it.

Can you imagine the howls of anger that would emerge from the taxi drivers and transfer companies if Havaş were allowed to run a regular service from the international terminal that really did meet international arrivals?

JF

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2014, 11:29:17 AM »
Read all these posts. trouble is remarks like 'they usually call in at the international airport on their way', is not very reassuring if you are standing there with your suitcases at 07.30 not knowing if you are waiting for a no show, because today the driver decided it was an unusual day. and he wanted to get home for breakfast. I saw an item on another website Fethiye travel that showed a nice picture of a bus and said click here to get timetable, but it wouldn't show a timetable without a download of what seemed like worldwide travel. all that is important to me is, will I be standing there for 2 1/2 hours wondering if I should pay £45 for a taxi or is a bus going to arrive and take me there for 20 lira. any definite bus arrival information would be of great help. even a website that just shows the times without having to download potentially virus filled stuff to my computer.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2014, 12:22:16 PM »
ok. just went onto fethiye times and they have a picture of a new bus service. at first because I am on this damned windows 8 the article did not appear properly. but when I returned to the site, there is a button under the picture of the bus that shows timetables. only thing is it does not have a date on there so lets hope it is winter service.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2014, 13:22:38 PM »
Read all these posts. trouble is remarks like 'they usually call in at the international airport on their way', is not very reassuring if you are standing there with your suitcases at 07.30 not knowing if you are waiting for a no show, because today the driver decided it was an unusual day. and he wanted to get home for breakfast.

If you took the sole word of an online forum poster (in this instance me) as gospel, and turned up anywhere expecting transport then you'd deserve to be left "waiting for a no show".

You want "reassurance"?  Then check the information yourself or spend the extra few quid and get a private/shared transfer.

Some people...

JF

Offline lissa

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2014, 17:46:17 PM »
Think that is a bit harsh.
The buses collect for the Pegasus and Turkish airline flights. I think the only other flights into Dalaman this winter are Thomas cook, so maybe they wont connect with these buses. Maybe check the websites for these airlines to find out the flight times?  I am not sure if there are shared transfers at the date you want either - does anyone know this?
And as for the buses no collecting at International, they were certainly at the International terminal every Monday this season until about 14.00,possibily for later flights.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2014, 18:41:45 PM »
Think that is a bit harsh.

I dont.

JF

Offline lissa

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2014, 19:10:47 PM »
I do.
It is not just a few extra quid for a private transfer, the bus costs only 10 or 7.5 lira, depending which one you use. A private transfer is much more As I said, I do not know if shared transfers are running then.  Maybe try the websites for them? Info  for contact details should be on here also. I thought the point of a forum like this was to share information,not just to tell people to check themselves.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2014, 22:35:21 PM »
If you are going to "share information" then the least you can do is make sure its accurate, which you certainly didn't. 

As I said before, if anyone relies on information provided on a fairly anonymous online forum to make an important decision on any subject, then they deserve all they get.

If the difference between getting the bus and a private transfer is a deal breaker, in this context, then it suggests someone has made some seriously wrong life choices.

JF

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014, 19:50:24 PM »
The Havas bus always starts at the domestic terminal because they are timed to meet the incoming domestic flights only.

However it always go on to and stops, very briefly at the international terminal because some passengers have started their journey from outside Turkey and connected to a domestic flight to Dalaman.

Their luggage will have been transferred automatically at Istanbul or wherever and so on arrival at Dalaman it is diverted as international baggage to be collected at the international not domestic terminal. Passengers who started their journey as international passengers are also diverted to the international terminal and that is why the Havas bus always stops there.

But you do have to be quick if you want to catch it at the international terminal as it doesn't stop there very long at all.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 20:05:41 PM by nichola »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf