Author Topic: Sliding Mosquito Screen  (Read 3804 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Re: Sliding Mosquito Screen
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 09:11:40 AM »
This is the blind when closed

Offline bearcat

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2014, 02:36:43 AM »
In truth .... we were quoted for 2 white pvc mosquito door blinds.

One is a sliding blind (as the actual doorway has one fixed pane of glass and an opening door).

The other where the mosquito mesh is concertina within a door frame (as both the doors open), so we can still open both doors.

The initial opening price was 750tl for both (350tl for first door plus 400tl for second door).
We said no. So 700tl was offered,no again. So 650tl was offered. We went back to the shop the next day after posting on here and got it down to 600tl for both. So this is what we stuck with.

To me, it opens up the question as to whether it is usual practice for Turkish people to get involved on behalf of Brits and negotiate themselves a large fee. Especially as we had both gone down to this shop in separate cars and my Turkish friend was very keen to come to my next shop on my list, a cast iron stove shop. I think he was on to a bit of a loser there as all the prices were fixed. However, it was offered that I look at the Soba he had in his house at 800tl. Later that evening, a friend told me, they got one at 250tl. Which got me thinking I was being ripped off.

Offline tails77

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2014, 08:34:16 AM »
In August, we were quoted somewhere in the region of 440 lira for 2 door and 2 window nets. The ones for the door were the type that had to open out and not slide. We were just making an inquiry to get an idea of cost.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf