Author Topic: Flight Delay Compensation for MON1934 Gatwick to Dalaman 03/09/10  (Read 2491 times)

Offline gyr

In case any one else was effected by the 11 hour delay of flight MON1934 from Gatwick to Dalaman on 3rd September 2010, Monarch have now agreed that compensation is due, and we have just received our compensation cheques for £310.40 (400 euros) for each passenger.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Flight Delay Compensation for MON1934 Gatwick to Dalaman 03/09/10
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 09:15:00 AM »
Result!

Offline jennyjo

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 13:41:58 PM »
Kept hearing the advert for this compensation claim issue.  We have been delayed several times over the years (once for 23 hours) but I'm afraid I won't be making a claim.  I've had the holidays, got there, got home and the delays, although frustrating did not really impact on my overall holiday. Why would receiving money now from a holiday over 4 years ago make up for it?? Will this not result in a price increase of holidays/flights?  Sorry if I'm opening up a debate but feel that this compensation culture (not just this one) has really gone too far.

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 22:27:08 PM »
If the airline had looked after us, kept us informed, not closed down the terminal and left us locked in a coach, kept us fed and watered, looked after the sick and elderly instead of just leaving us stranded, tired, starving and with no information and then to rub salt in the wounds, return us to a different airport and made us wait an additional two hours for a coach after spending the last twelve hours in Faro airport, I too wouldn't have claimed.  Apparently Ryanair already added the "potential" cost of claims onto flight costs in 2011, anticipating the claims that would follow.  I am very, very bitter with Monarch - they knew the rules, they chose to ignore them and think they could just hide under the statement of "extraordinary circumstances".  If their customer service had been better, maybe they wouldn't have any claims now.  Yes, I am claiming.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 23:17:29 PM »
Totally agree lynne.
If the Airline/ Travel companies were more up front and treated their
customers with a bit more respect compensation solicitors wouldn't
be able to get their sticky fingers into the issue.

The compensation culture could be ended by politicians, but it wont be.!        :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf