Author Topic: Variations in flight prices?  (Read 1675 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Variations in flight prices?
« on: January 20, 2015, 14:59:17 PM »
We had cause to change our return flight from Dalaman yesterday with easyjet. Just incase it was any cheaper to just change the flight we investigated other airlines prices.. Jet2. Monarch Thomas Cooke.  All came in at The £75 to £90 range.. Thompson however flight ONE way £245??  is ther something special about Thompsons these days that I have missed?  We had a dreadful couple of experiences with them a few years ago and vowed never to use them again.  I never would either if this is the way they charge...

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
Re: Variations in flight prices?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 17:07:28 PM »
I don't think we got the cheapest deal around for our flights in June (£280 return) but we have chosed our leg room seats, have a 23kg luggage allowance, meals on board, on-line check-in, priority boarding.  This also includes flying in the daytime from the local airport.  This with Monarch and within a few pounds is what we paid in May last year.  I would be interested to hear what others have had to pay for flights this summer.  Sorry to go slightly off your topic Mercury, but the price quoted to you from Thompson sounds extortionate, I have never used them mainly because of negative comments from members of this forum, and also the flight times are dreadful for us.

Offline blueclad

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 18:38:36 PM »
we booked our flights last july when  british airways  first put their flights on sale for june this year,, we got a excellent deal from Gatwick  of £167 return each with 23 kg seats with extra leg room  free drinks and snacks ,and quite good flight times.
Ron

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 19:30:04 PM »
We could have purchased cheaper flights if we wanted to travel to Gatwick, but it takes 2 hours on the coach, and we really like our Monarch flights from Luton, easy to get a lift to and be picked up from.  Fortunately for us the flight price is not the priority but the convenience and comfort of our journey is. Perhaps its an age thing, I used to think I liked camping and caravanning around the UK but now I want a bit of comfort and luxury.  We could probably have had 10 days in a hotel for the price we pay for an apartment, but we like to have a bedroom each and our own kitchen and living room.  It does mean we leave the other accommodation to you youngsters lol   ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf