Author Topic: Flying to Dalaman with Turkish Airlines via Istanbul!! HELP!!  (Read 2137 times)

Offline chloesaino

• Newly Registered
Flying to Dalaman with Turkish Airlines via Istanbul!! HELP!!
« on: January 23, 2015, 20:55:08 PM »
Hi Everyone!

Me and my family visit Calis Beach every year and can't keep away! We all love it!

Usually we fly from various airports in the UK (mainly the South) depending on which is cheapest. In previous years we have travelled with Thomas Cook, and Monarch.

After returning from our holiday in Summer 2014 we went straight online to book for this year. A few people we met in Calis recommended we fly with Turkish Airlines. After researching we worked out we can save £800 on flights for five of us, including baggage and on-board meals! We have booked with Turkish Airlines to fly from Gatwick North Terminal, to Dalaman via Istanbul. Originally the stop over time was only an hour. But in the past couple of months Turkish Airlines have emailed us twice with flight changes. From a 4 hour wait at Istanbul to just 50 mins.

Being curious we contacted Turkish Airlines but struggled to find an advisor who spoke good English, therefore travelled to the sales desk at Heathrow to enquire. Our flight has now been swapped to one with a 2 and a half hour wait at Istanbul. Happy with this we hope the flights will not change again.

My questions to any who have travelled this route before are;

Are they trustworthy? Does everything run smoothly with the changeover at Istanbul, and is 2 and a half hours enough time to clear customs and go to the domestic terminal for the Dalaman flight?

Should we be worried about our luggage not getting all the way to Dalaman?

Panicking alot about this, and would be grateful if anyone can give any advise on this!!! Travelling with 3 teenagers so could be difficult if all goes wrong!!!

Looking forward to returning to Calis Beach!

Thankyou!!

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
Re: Flying to Dalaman with Turkish Airlines via Istanbul!! HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 21:01:15 PM »
There was a recent discussions about this subject  :)
http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=57321.0
if I havnt copied the link correctly use the search facility  to find the info  :)

Offline chloesaino

• Newly Registered
Re: Flying to Dalaman with Turkish Airlines via Istanbul!! HELP!!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 21:02:21 PM »
Thankyou!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf