Author Topic: Has Ovacik changed in the last five years?  (Read 3972 times)

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
Has Ovacik changed in the last five years?
« on: January 30, 2015, 15:47:46 PM »
Hi, have not visited Turkey for a few years and wondered if Ovacik has changed much since we lived there five years ago? When we last were in the area the council offices in Hisaronu were not finished either and wondered if they had ever been completed.

Offline terjan

Re: Has Ovacik changed in the last five years?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 16:28:05 PM »
Yes the council offices are finished and up and running . The main road as changed more than any were else lots more restaurants some of them really good

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 18:34:44 PM »
Think you will see some changes in Hisaronu.  Take some ear plugs if you go in the evening.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 18:57:49 PM »
I live here now but didn't know the place existed 5 years ago.

Can't say if it has changed a lot since you were last here, Fabian but it has changed since I've lived here in 10 months!

Offline angela

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 19:12:28 PM »
New mosque being built now, & more shops & restaurants but you would most definitely recognize the place!

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 19:22:52 PM »
Yes it has changed. There is a lot more restaurants along the main road and as said some are very good.
Hisaronu is the same ish, mainly the same restaurants and shops just moved about a bit. It still has the crap fair.

Offline Gilly1

• Gillian Grundy
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 20:17:49 PM »
Hi, Being situated at the far end of Ovacik near the petrol station, the new restauraunts are very welcome. The quality and service has improved no end and are now within walking distance for us. The place still has it charm without being spoilt by to many businesses. I have had my home there for 10 years now and the pull is still the same... just cant wait to get back. Hopefully retiring there 2016.

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 20:52:21 PM »
Thank you for replying to my question. I am glad that the changes mentioned are on the positive side of things. There were signs of building going on up the mountain when I was last there and would have been sorry if there had been over development. I used to enjoy the occasional visit to Hisaronu or Olu Deniz and in the winter it is very quiet. I could not handle  the heat in Calis during the summer months and the gentle breeze found in Ovacik in the summer meant I was more comfortable during July and August. Once again thank you for your replies.

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 16:10:54 PM »
I think ovacik has changed for the better in that there are some great restaurants and bars, but they are fortunately restricted to the main road. You can still sleep peacefully in the apartments and villas scattered into the mountainside, although there are a lot more of them too now ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf