Author Topic: Hand luggage  (Read 6978 times)

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
Re: Hand luggage
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2015, 15:54:50 PM »
Having just flown back from Manchester to Dalaman today with Thomas Cook.....

My hold case was 1.1kg over the 20kg limit. My hand luggage was 1.5kg under. The check-in lady said I would have to take something small and put it in my - already rammed- handbag (not a particularly large one) to get it under 21kg and avoid a £15 charge for excess baggage.

My travel companion, who lives in Koyceğiz and whom I met at Leeds train station at 3.15am as we were both waiting, was 3kg over on her hold luggage. She was at the next check-in desk and it wasn't even queried by the lady there.

Not impressed by the double standards.
Nor was I impressed by the chaos that ensued on both outbound and return flights as no, there wasn't anywhere near enough room to store all hand luggage in the overhead lockers. People's bags were far from their seats and some had to be stashed with the cabin crew's items.
It took an age to get off the plane because passengers were fighting their way through to retrieve their bags etc.

I understand people don't want to pay for hold luggage and I don't know what the solution is - but it's an increasingly ridiculous situation in my view.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf