Author Topic: Vaping e-cigarette in hand luggage  (Read 4379 times)

Offline grahamturner09

Re: Vaping e-cigarette in hand luggage
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 21:48:12 PM »
I have had no problems at all at UK airports or dalaman and Istanbul and was openly puffing away at all of the airports. As far as I am aware the import for sale is banned but not personal use

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2015, 22:52:51 PM »
They are not actually banned in Turkey, although there seem to be plans to do so, as far as I know, they have not yet been implemented you can still legally buy the machines on line....

Isn't it strange, & wrong , that guns can be bought quite legally over the counter in Turkey, but these silly vaping things cannot ??  On a slightly different subject, I wonder just how many ex-pats are aware that the sale of fireworks to " Yabancilar " is illegal in Turkey, but not to the indigenous population ?? !!

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 20:37:24 PM »
I flew back from prague yesterday and took two electric e cigs with me on an easyjet flight and had no problems at all,they placed them in a plastic sealed bag for screening and that was it.I was allowed to smoke them  in the hotel and every where else in prague.Turkey wants to ban them so that the sales of tobacco etc does not go down i suppose.

Offline philrose

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 07:08:15 AM »
They are not actually banned in Turkey, although there seem to be plans to do so, as far as I know, they have not yet been implemented you can still legally buy the machines on line....

Isn't it strange, & wrong , that guns can be bought quite legally over the counter in Turkey, but these silly vaping things cannot ??  On a slightly different subject, I wonder just how many ex-pats are aware that the sale of fireworks to " Yabancilar " is illegal in Turkey, but not to the indigenous population ?? !!
A bit off topic isn't it. Thought we were talking about vaping\e cigarettes in hand luggage not hand guns and fireworks.. ;)

Offline sadler

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2015, 10:31:54 AM »
Interesting though Philrose.   :)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2015, 12:33:18 PM »
Thanks everyone well after all that because my memory is so appalling of late I completely forgot it was in my hand luggage but must have been ok as I never got stopped.  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf