Author Topic: Flying internally to Istanbul  (Read 2054 times)

Offline Ian_and_Sian

• Newly Registered
Flying internally to Istanbul
« on: March 12, 2015, 07:56:04 AM »
Hi all, we have some friends staying at our apartment later this year who are having a couple of days in Istanbul while they are over.

I recall that international visitors coming in from Istanbul when the flight is the last leg of the journey from the UK get redirected to the international from the domestic terminal. But, does that apply when the journey is purely internal?

I need to organise their transfers but need to know which terminal to send the driver to.

TIA.

Offline mac2010

Re: Flying internally to Istanbul
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 08:03:42 AM »
If your friends are flying after their Istanbul break and just getting an internal flight then they would be collected from the domestic terminal.

Offline angieebabe

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 08:09:28 AM »
No , they will be fine , if they are internal Flights , ie leaving and returning from from Dalaman / Istanbul then there luggage will arrive in the Domestic Terminals .
You are correct in saying that International transit Passengers coming in will be Transferred to Dalaman International , but the way round that is to collect your Luggage in Istanbul and check in again at Istanbul Domestics and you will find your luggage appears on the Domestic Luggage belt., works every time with me anyway .

Offline Ian_and_Sian

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 12:42:05 PM »
Thanks for that - there taking a couple of days out while in Calis for the Istanbul trip - I'm guessing they'll go with hand baggage only. Is it still the standard 2 hour check in for internal flights?

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 13:31:42 PM »
..... Is it still the standard 2 hour check in for internal flights?

Yes it was just 2 hours when we travelled from Antalya to Ercan (Northern Cyprus) last October.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 14:29:10 PM »
No its not.  For domestic flights its one hour to check in at a desk - if you've checked in online and printed off your boarding pass you've got until 15mins before flight departs to get to the gate if you're travelling hand luggage only.

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf