Author Topic: want to try somewhere new!  (Read 8225 times)

Offline tails77

• Newly Registered
Re: want to try somewhere new!
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 08:06:09 AM »
Second the address bar for food etc.

Offline gillian handbury

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2015, 08:52:43 AM »
Carnival on Fethiye harbour...it's also Orka Boutique Hotel. Good food & drink and reasonably priced.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2015, 14:08:23 PM »
Loz wanted to go somewhere new once , I suggested the kitchen , . :o.........my cut lip and black eye are slowly improving, but I still have great difficulty in walking !!

Offline Menthol

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2015, 16:42:36 PM »
I agree, Yengec Ovacik is superb. Definitely need to book at least a few days before.
I'm planning to try the kebab place that was on the Esnaf side of the seafront road, but is now in what was Nayla, near Mancero.
Apparently it's fantastic, 28tl for meze plate and huge Adana/ Beyti kebab and managed by Teo from Bus a Stop days.

I would like to try Yengec here in Ovacik, it is regularly recommended.

I think kayakebab, you mean these guys (if you have facebook) https://www.facebook.com/adanalihasankolcuoglufethiye?fref=ts

As you say they have now moved to on the Kordon directly opposite to their old place. We call them HK or 'The Epic Kebab Place'. Been several times, always great - amazing mezes both before and after the Epic Kebab - and impeccable service. Great value too.

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2015, 19:58:26 PM »
Kepab Time and MAndalin are now on the list :)  Yengec is one of our most favourite, we go there at least four or five times in the summer...hopefully it will be open now for a spring visit :))

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2015, 20:41:27 PM »
Kings Garden is good and they will pick you up and drop you back for free. 
Also the Istanbul in Kayakoy.  They will also pick you up and drop you back. They have a BBQ night on Saturday with a great sing and saxophone player and they also have dancing.  There is a set three course menu for 40 lira each.

Offline villain

• The most unpopular poster in the village
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2015, 09:53:19 AM »
Even if you ignore the quality of the food (which is good) the location of King's Garden (which we went to for the first time last summer) makes the visit worthwhile alone. It also gives you the opportunity to have a look at the Rock Tombs between courses. Sadly, they have been defaced by graffiti, but are still spectacular.

You get a panoramic view from the restaurant across pretty much of all of Fethiye from well above the town, also looking out to Sovalye Adasi/Island, Calis and the bay. It's stunning.

(edit: sorry , Scunner already said all that, but I will still re-iterate the point)

Offline Steve A

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2015, 11:27:41 AM »
Last year took a lovely walk out ,got water taxi from Calis,walked up to the tombs,popped into Kings Garden for a beer.then walked up to the castle,past the Kale Park taking the road that runs above Pas Patur.then there is a little path which connects to sokak 2&3 which are quaint little streets above the amphitheatre,walked down the side of the amphitheatre coming out near the Fethiye Bey statue,through Pas Patur,stopped for a beer at Blue Cafe then jumped on Dolmus back to Gulukbasi and walked home via Seckin,stopped for a beer and a chat with a friend in tobacco shop.Mrs AA hadn't moved from her horizontal position around the pool and her first question was "do you think it's time for a beer?"Ha Ha go on then !
Got some great photos but don't know how to upload from ipad

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2015, 19:44:33 PM »
some good recommendations there thank you.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2015, 12:09:25 PM »
If you want to go a little further take the dolmus to Kabak and spend a day or night at the Olive Garden which is uber relaxation in beautiful surroundings,simple food done well and reasonably priced.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf