Author Topic: Scanning luggage at customs Dalaman  (Read 6763 times)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Re: Scanning luggage at customs Dalaman
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 22:37:09 PM »
No need to bring bacon as there are Pork Shops that sell danish bacon which is very good.

And also VERY ,VERY expensive !!

Offline ukchris

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2015, 08:52:38 AM »
No need to bring bacon as there are Pork Shops that sell danish bacon which is very good.
This is the Duty Free Allowance from Turkey into the U.K.
https://www.gov.uk/duty-free-goods/arrivals-from-outside-the-eu
As for the shop at Dalaman depends what you want to buy, but we have bought there and prices are similar for what we buy.

Thanks for the info, but it didn't really answer my questio., we normally bring spirits INTO Turkey, and it used to be 5 Litres a person, not that we ever brought the full allowance. I read on one of the ovacik facebook groups that this had now changed to 1 Litre ?

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2015, 09:05:21 AM »

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2015, 09:48:13 AM »
This is the Duty Free Allowance from Turkey into the U.K.
https://www.gov.uk/duty-free-goods/arrivals-from-outside-the-eu
As for the shop at Dalaman depends what you want to buy, but we have bought there and prices are similar for what we buy.

Thanks for the info, but it didn't really answer my questio., we normally bring spirits INTO Turkey, and it used to be 5 Litres a person, not that we ever brought the full allowance. I read on one of the ovacik facebook groups that this had now changed to 1 Litre ?

I'm not sure it ever was simply 5L of duty free.  It was a combination of duty free (purchased at the departure airport or onboard) and duty free(ish) purchased at the shops in the arrivals area.

The current limit for duty free into Turkey is 1L of spirits or 2L if less than 22% ABV.  You can top that up by another 3L of spirits at the arrival area shops.

JF

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2015, 10:02:28 AM »

And also VERY ,VERY expensive !!

We don't find it very very expensive.  We are on holiday, we are not buying it all year through.  We find no reason to break the Turkish law by smuggling meat products into Turkey.
Last pack of bacon  we bought in the Pork Shop (where we also buy porridge) was 21 Lira, I spilt it into three and it did the two of us for three BLT lunches, plus a few scraps for the local cat, who always joins us for lunch  ;D
Hell, we are on holiday so who cares about paying a little more for something???   I also find the staff and the owner of the Pork Shop opposite Tansas, really lovely people and I hope more members will try the place, lots of English products.  If we don't use it we loose it.  I see the shop are giving a voucher to the 3C's Auction which is VERY VERY kind of them.
However, 3 kilos of bacon  equals more pairs of shoes in my suitcase.      ;) ;D :angel:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf