Author Topic: Visa  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Visa
« on: April 12, 2015, 21:40:17 PM »
I have just read on F.B. That as from the 1st January 2015 you have to have 60 days on your passport before the expiry date.   I always thought it was 6 months, so is this new?  It is the information that Thomson's are giving to their customers.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: Visa
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 21:53:51 PM »
I have read something along those lines Jacqui and I cant remember what the answer was, I too would be interested to know what is what...There is also something about needing I think it is two months at least left on your passport if say your visa that has two months left to run on it...

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 21:54:03 PM »
O.K. Just looked it up. 
Passport validity

Your passport should be valid for a minimum period of 6 months from the date of entry into Turkey and have at least 3 months validity from the date you are leaving Turkey.

From 1 January 2015, when you enter Turkey your passport must also have at least 60 days validity beyond the expiry date of your visa or residence permit.

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 20:44:45 PM »
That's ridiculous.
Both my residency and passport are valid until sometime in March 2017.... I've been in and out of Turkey once this year with no problems but under this rule maybe I was just lucky......

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf