Author Topic: Is liquid allowed in hand luggage on Turkish Airlines?  (Read 4402 times)

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
Is liquid allowed in hand luggage on Turkish Airlines?
« on: June 04, 2015, 17:23:22 PM »
I know a small amount of liquid is allowed in cabin bags on  most airlines. I thought that something was mentioned concerning Turkish Airlines banning all liquids in hand luggage not long ago and just want to check . Thanks for any replies.   :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Is liquid allowed in hand luggage on Turkish Airlines?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 17:48:34 PM »
There is a worldwide ban on large quantities of liquid in hand luggage.  Turkey is no different.   All you are allowed is 100mil which has to be put in a separate plastic bag when you go through Cusstoms.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 17:51:38 PM »
The only way you'll get liquid in larger quantity than 100ml on board is buying in the airport once you've passed through security

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 18:07:34 PM »
I thought that something was mentioned concerning Turkish Airlines banning all liquids in hand luggage not long ago and just want to check

You're right on both counts, yes they follow the same rules as most other airlines and yes, it wasn't that long ago (2010?) that they introduced the liquid ban on domestic flights.  The ban was already in place on international flights, but Turkey being Turkey, they didn't implement it immediately on domestic flights.

JF

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 18:59:49 PM »
Am I allowed more than one 100ml bottle? Hilary seems to carry loads (women's cosmetic essentials). 5 x 100ml of G&T ought to see me through Dalaman departure.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 19:07:00 PM »
I saw a woman being taken to one side and the Turkish lady official went though her cosmetics bag with a fine tooth comb and put her in the naughty book.  She also confiscated a lot of her toiletries.... Just saying.  :)

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 21:14:14 PM »
Obviously the rumour I heard was completely false and Turkish Airlines is allowing the same amount of 100ml  the same as most airlines I fly with. I use one of those see through plastic toiletry bags with matching bottles and it makes it very easy to cope with. I heard that there was a ban on liquids of any amount and this is false.
Thank you very much for your quick response to my question.

Offline lissa

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 21:41:35 PM »
Isn't it 100ml maximum in each bottle, but whatever can be fitted into the small sealable plastic bag? So if you can fit 5 bottles in that is fine. I think the limit is 1000ml though. Never had to bring that amount of liquid through myself so never checked but remember reading this somewhere.

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 22:01:58 PM »
I saw a woman being taken to one side and the Turkish lady official went though her cosmetics bag with a fine tooth comb and put her in the naughty book.  She also confiscated a lot of her toiletries.... Just saying.   :)

i was put in the naughty book as well last wk on departing, i didn't have anything in my bag except my purse, a book, sweets and passport folder, my husband had the bag with kindles, phones, kids dvd players the works, and they didn't bat an eyelid at him.

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 23:22:48 PM »
I am often pulled over for an extra check, they even swabbed my handbag at Luton the other week. Strongest thing in there was a bag of cheese and onion crisps! I am even a non smoker.
 I am bringing over some Lime Cordial over to Turkey though for the vodka or can you buy it there now.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf