Author Topic: Fishing  (Read 2614 times)

Offline Alan Crosbie

Fishing
« on: June 15, 2015, 22:36:01 PM »
Hi all. I have a place in ortaga and love a 12 islands boat trip from Gocek. I've fished wit bread and chicken off the boat and caught little fish but I want to catch bigger.  Has anyone taken frozen bait over and if so what? And did it work. I'm thinking of taking frozen squid. Any tips would be much appreciated

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
Re: Fishing
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 08:24:29 AM »
Not sure but I think you would be questioned going through UK search. It may come under the foodstuffs rule .

Offline dycedon

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 09:19:28 AM »
sweetcorn

Offline Alan Crosbie

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 09:21:41 AM »
I bring over frozen bacon in my hold luggage so was going to bring the squid that way

Offline bells

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 09:34:06 AM »
I always bring bacon and ham frozen in my hold luggage so I sure you would be ok with squid.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 18:52:07 PM »
If you ARE fortunate enough to catch anything of " killable " size, and intend to enjoy it yourself,   :P make sure that you keep it in a bucket of sea water, and WELL AWAY from the boat crew, as they will very quickly snaffle it, and shove it on the " barbie " on the boat, then eat it in front of you !!   >:(  There seems to be an unwritten rule that any decent sized fish caught, belong to the skipper, and not the fisherman. This was my experience during the 6 years we lived there !!   :o 
As for bait, you are best to use " Mamun ", which are like small shrimp, sold live at many places along the streets bordering the shore, look for the signs ; " Balik yemi bulunur " ( fish bait sold here ),  and used to a great extent by the locals. Boat skipper will show you the best way to present them on the hook.  Tight lines, and wet nets !!   ;)

Offline Alan Crosbie

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 13:32:04 PM »
Thank you very much Gorden. My parents live in koycegiz so I'll send my dad on a mission to find such a shop

Offline Alan Crosbie

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 13:35:18 PM »
I don't mind him nicking my fish Gorgon as long as I get a beer in return haha

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf