Author Topic: Swimming pool legislation  (Read 5155 times)

Offline gooner59

Swimming pool legislation
« on: June 16, 2015, 15:08:47 PM »
Hi all, some help/advice if you please?

At our AGM yesterday we spent some time discussing new legislation in Turkey regarding the pool on complexes, in particular children's pools an shower facility.   

Has anyone heard of this new legislation & can point me in a direction where I can swot up as I can't find anything on the interweb.

TIA. Rob

Offline Steve A

Re: Swimming pool legislation
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 16:26:42 PM »
Don't know when this came in but around five weeks ago I asked some questions of our management company around swimming pool legislation and they said that there wasn't any,maybe it has changed recently.The advice was that the owners come to an agreement but we don't come under law because only four villas share

Offline gooner59

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 19:09:45 PM »
Thanks Steve - appreciated. I'm going to ask our solicitor tomorrow what is the situation.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 19:28:40 PM »
Is it possibly to do with the changes about 5(?) years ago in respect of swimming pools and habitation certificates which some areas took a while to enforce.  I know in some cases (not in Fethiye) where permission was refused until changes were made to area surrounding pool and existing pools were served with closure orders.  Just checked what notices of new legislation I've received relating to property and I don't see anything that jumps out as being complex/pool related this year.  Half of them are in Turkish so I may have missed it if it was tucked away in with something else!

JF

Offline busybee

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 08:12:29 AM »
Not sure what the law is, but Atlas Apartments near us have filled the children's pool in with stones and put a plant in the middle.  Said something about it not being legal.

Offline mac2010

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 08:58:26 AM »
There was some amendments to the laws last year stating that children's pools should be separate to the main pool and have their own filtration system as it should continuously circulate the water being that it is a much smaller body of water and I higher risk of pollutants , also railings placed around the children's pool if next to the main one. This creates big problems cost wise as most are attached to the main pool and run into the same filtration system.If you notice the new complexes are building them apart such as Korfez Gardens and Cedar apartments. Time will tell what will happen as it is all to do with H&S in Turkey.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 09:26:51 AM by mac2010 »

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 12:58:36 PM »
2 things not normally found in one sentence in the last post; H & S and Turkey ;D

Offline mac2010

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 14:42:00 PM »
Making quick fire decisions and changing rules is common place here its the implication or interpretation of the rule changes that cause the problems.

Offline Neil B

• Visiting Fethiye & Calis since 1984
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2015, 10:30:58 AM »
Have had conversations with builders of our complex, Korfez, (12 apartments) in respect of a shower facility for our shared pool area. Their response was that for existing pools no legislation for shower facilities exists. New build pools under review and may be a requirement? (note the may be!!)

Offline davybill

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2015, 11:09:02 AM »
Yes on our complex lemon 2 have filled in children's pool, as it didn't have its own filter system.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf