Author Topic: No Alcohol or Tobacco on monarch Flight  (Read 5713 times)

Offline Janette Din

No Alcohol or Tobacco on monarch Flight
« on: August 11, 2015, 15:14:34 PM »
Hi we are due to fly monarch from Leeds tomorrow and just received an email stating 'it is unfortunate but you will not be able to purchase alcohol or tobacco on all flights from Leeds Bradford'. Flight is early morning so wouldnt want a drink but fancied picking up some gin to bring in. I will now have to purchase at duty free in leeds and carry it! Anybody know why this is ?   ;) Jan

Offline terjan

Re: No Alcohol or Tobacco on monarch Flight
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 15:58:09 PM »
Get it at arrivals at dalaman prices are usually ok  :)

Offline snowtop

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 15:58:51 PM »
I suspect it is because too many people cannot hold their drink and create a disturbance which could put the plane in peril.
I am a drinker but think that is a fair excuse not to supply alcohol.
Alternatively maybe because it takes too long for the Trolly Dolly's to serve everyone and also due to the lack of room in the aisle.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 16:05:30 PM »
It could simply be that they've been advised by the groundservice company that they can't replenish the Duty Free in time for the departure.

Offline Janette Din

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 16:29:06 PM »
Thanks to all for the replies, KKOB i guess you are probably right. anyway who cares this time tomorrow I will be in Calis! Yippee. Jan

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 18:01:22 PM »
I have never bought on the plane, they never have much of a selection and it usually runs out.  Better to buy at the Airport or at Dalaman Duty Free. 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 19:03:27 PM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 18:53:49 PM »
I suspect it is because too many people cannot hold their drink and create a disturbance which could put the plane in peril.
I am a drinker but think that is a fair excuse not to supply alcohol.
Alternatively maybe because it takes too long for the Trolly Dolly's to serve everyone and also due to the lack of room in the aisle.

I think you are referring to the bar service onboard - this is the duty free sales on board which will have little effect on drunkenness - anyone looking to get bladdered on duty free won't be waiting till they bring the trolley round on board, they'll bring it on from the huge duty free shop in the airport and get stuck into it from the off.

The idea that there isn't enough time is not credible, they never stop for the whole 4 hours - bar, food, duty free, bar, scratchcards - and the aisles appear wide enough each time too.

Offline imperialwizard

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 10:49:28 AM »
Has anyone recently flown back to UK with Monarch?I usually buy the 2 for £20 booze on TC flights.
Last flight back to UK was with Easyjet and I noticed they don't sell df booze apart from in flight miniatures.
Anyone know the score with Monarch...had a look at their online flight mag but couldn't see anything.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 11:25:04 AM »
I think it depends on what they've managed to sell on the outbound flight from the UK. I don't think many of the UK based charter or budget airlines would be replenishing their Duty Free in Dalaman or Antalya.

Offline pops

• Craig
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2015, 09:09:01 AM »
We flew out with Monarch on 31/8 and back on 14/9 and there was no tobacco or alcohol for sale on either flight.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf