Author Topic: ltins in handluggage  (Read 4982 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: ltins in handluggage
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 21:11:11 PM »
I guess it depends on whether it is Cheddar imported from UK or one of these "just like cheddar" farces we've known regularly, year after year  ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2015, 21:14:22 PM »
I think it is imported.  The lady concerned lives in Calls she is a member here and also a member on T.A. she recommended  it there.  So, will have a look when we are over. 

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2015, 21:17:47 PM »
We used to get Kerrygold Irish Cheddar at the Eurospar in Rhodes. Imagine a life where spotting a pack of Cheddar cheese was a fantastic moment in your life, funny innit :D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2015, 21:20:24 PM »
My life would be in melt down if I found any slimline tonic in Calis or Fethiye.   I miss it so much when we are over.  I find the ordinary stuff so sweet.   
I am seriously considering bringing a couple of bottles of slimine tonic over... How sad is that? 

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2015, 21:37:13 PM »
Possibly not as sad as some of the things I've known be taken over (many by us - Scottish plain loaf for starters)!

I have a similar problem to yours - my mixer of choice became Pepsi Max - impossible to find over there. I tend to go for Coke Zero, which is available but often not in bars. Luckily they are accommodating and usually let me go to a nearby shop and buy my own mixer :D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2015, 21:42:14 PM »
Last year, we did find the local market on the corner of the road going up to the old upside down bridge, did have some slimline tonic in very small cans. I was in heaven when Phil brought some back.  Cans were a little rusty and dirty, but we bought up all the stock at 4.50TL a can, (which would make one drink). We even took it out with out to restaurants.  However, stock dried up and even though we asked they said they could get no more.  So, it seems you can get slimline tonic in the area, even though the restaurants say they can't.

Offline jackstee

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 11:54:01 AM »
Keith
the cheddar in Bulents pork shop is actually Kerrygold Irish Cheddar I watched then unwrap a block

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 13:00:30 PM »
I was told at Manchester that tins of tuna in oil are accepted but not in brine.. I brought Barrie a large tin of sausages and beans back once in my hand luggage and had that confiscated... I never had a problem with corned beef. I used to bring 20 tins back to make cornish pasties for the 3 CS.coffee mornings.

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 13:42:31 PM »
We can purchase slimline tonic in our local shop in ciftlik ,so you must be able to get it in other places,but i think that its there local brand of tonic,although the normal tonic is scheeweps.Also they now stock a large amount of british brand food stuffs including sharwoods curry sauces etc.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 14:05:09 PM »
We have tried everywhere to get slimline tonic, none of the Supermarkets have it and none of the small markets.   The brand we bought in Calis was not Schweppes, but it was a well known brand that I cannot recall just now..
I also have asked in many restaurants and they all tell me they cannot get it.  I remember Volkan in Vojo's saying it as impossible to order it. 
I will be over to Ciftlik this week to get some.  Can you tell me the name of the shop please and is it just in the main street?
Thanks. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf