Author Topic: Thomas Cook email  (Read 2707 times)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Thomas Cook email
« on: September 15, 2015, 21:45:04 PM »
Considering the amount of delays TC have had this year to/from Dalaman. Their CEO thinks is all good?
"Europe’s Leading Charter Airline" my ar5e! IMO I would rather fly anyone else first.

Dear fellow travellers,

I’m delighted to share with you the good news that Thomas Cook Airlines has been voted ’Europe’s Leading Charter Airline’ at the World Travel Awards. For us, providing the best possible flying experience really matters, so to be recognised in this way is very special.

This is an exciting time for our airline because we’ve been working hard to improve our planes and services to you. This includes 21 new aircraft, upgraded cabins, increased leg room, better in-flight entertainment and our three-course James Martin meals.

We’re also now flying you to more European and US destinations than ever, including our new 2016 routes to Los Angeles and Boston flying direct from Manchester. You’ll find all you need to know about where we go, how to book and some inspiration for your next trip away on thomascookairlines.com.

As we continue to grow, I look forward to bringing you more announcements later in the year. In the meantime we hope to see you on board with us again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Christoph Debus
Chief Executive Officer, Thomas Cook Airlines UK Limited

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Thomas Cook email
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 21:52:37 PM »
IMO I would rather fly anyone else first.

I've gone further than that - if Thomas Cook are the only way of getting somewhere, I've found somewhere else to go to instead.

This award is a joke.

Offline marina

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 22:48:46 PM »
I said earlier in the year after the disgraceful way Thomas Cook treated the family of Christie and Bobby Shepherd that they would never get another penny out of me and I stick by that, even more so now !  How they can win an award like this is outrageous!

Offline Gary-O

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 07:37:00 AM »
Not a big Tc fan but flew with them from Bristol on Tuesday and couldn't fault a thing. Nice new plane and more leg room, the meal was good and the pudding was to die for   :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 07:56:25 AM »
We dislike T.C. so much we have booked with Easyjet, (for the first time) next year.
Fed up being ripped off by T.C. paying £758,00 for two seat on a return flight with a sub-contracted Turkish Airline with no frills, no ability to pre-book seats, no online check-in, no knowledge if there is food on board, not even from the girl at check-in.  Also, being on a flight that has hardly any drinks choices, i.e. no beer, no rum, no tonic water, no vodka.
The last time I want to turn up at the airport 3 hours early and wait near an hour in a queue just to get seats together.....yes 3 hours early, but the people at the front of the queue turned up 4 hours early. >:(

Offline Somerset Simon

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 10:53:05 AM »
Completely agree with Gary-O, have flown 3 times from Bristol this year with TC, modern planes with new narrow seats giving extra leg rom, good service and with online check in have been able to have seats together and printed boarding card so no check in queue. (You can check in online 48-24 hours before flight and it automatically fills from back, so if you are split just don't accept and try again a bit later).

Offline Somerset Simon

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 10:55:30 AM »
And the main reason, average of less than £200 return PPP for our flights in May, June and August,

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 12:37:42 PM »
Our first choice is always Easyjet, usually for the best price and luggage allowances.  But EJ - and most other airlines - do not fly direct to DLM (or Antalya) in the winter months and TC do, so that is something very positive in their favour.  The winter prices are not too bad either.  When we have flown TC, usually in the winter months, we can see that their planes have improved a great deal, and are more comfortable with more space. 

Having said those positive things about TC (and Turkish flights), it is stretching the point to award them Airline of the Year.  Then again I have flown Azerbaijan Airways just after the break up of the Soviet Union...scary plane, bad service, commissars for cabin crew, but it was a cheap way to fly to Istanbul - the next flight stage from Istanbul on to Azerbaijan itself by the plane we was on, was then loaded with passengers plus gifts for the family on arrival like sheep, goats and chickens ;D ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf