Author Topic: Cheap flights  (Read 1896 times)

Offline big a

Cheap flights
« on: September 28, 2015, 09:59:28 AM »
Just checked skyscanner for cheapest return flight from Bristol to dalaman on 7 th October and the cheapest was £236 .  Looked on discount holiday centre same flight and accomadation at banana apartment calis £105

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: Cheap flights
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 12:35:57 PM »

Thanks for the heads up big a,  which one are you going for.?    :)   Not much of a mark up for the poor airlines.??

Offline villain

• The most unpopular poster in the village
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 10:37:13 AM »
I don't understand travel companies. I priced up some flights only on Thomson, Monarch and others for Dalaman flights over October half term. They were all £1500-1700 for a family of 4.

I ended up booking a package with Thomson including a 2 bed apartment and transfers for much less than the flights would have cost.

Where's the logic?

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 21:46:04 PM »
I was just taking a look on this site and the Banana apartments say Calis but when i ckicked on it or it was possibly another holiday underneath it says Marmaris, bit naughty if you book it thinking you are going to Calis but actually end up in Marmaris!

Offline villain

• The most unpopular poster in the village
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 09:46:51 AM »
Continuing the theme: A family of 4 looking for a cheeky week in half-term could fly with ThomsonFly from East Midlands to Dalaman on Thursday 22nd October* at 1740 for £1482.92

Alternatively, on Latedeals.co.uk you can get the same flights, get transfers and a week self catering at Club Candan in Marmaris for over £500 less -  £966.12 (yes, I would ditch the accommodation and transfers).

Bottom line is if you're looking for late deals on flights, check package holidays too.

(*both kids have an inset day on the Friday so they will miss about an hour of school maximum - so shoot me)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 19:37:12 PM »
It's not the first time I've booked a package holiday because it was cheaper than flight only, and I didnt use the accomodation. I just let the holiday rep know that we'd be making our own way from and back to the airport.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf