Author Topic: Cirali and Olympus  (Read 2446 times)

Offline academylin

• Newly Registered
Cirali and Olympus
« on: September 30, 2015, 10:00:59 AM »
Please may I stroke your beautiful dog please?

That was how we met Kieran, he told us to call him the next day in order to meet up with his friend Jacob who might know about education for Casey, but call please after twelve o clock because, he said," I am planning on having a hangover!!"

Bohemia central! :)
Saturday.

Cirali beach at dawn, cool enough for the dogs to tear after sticks and roll in the SAND! :)
Crystal clear warm Mediterranean waters, yoga on the beach, naked bathers, carretta carretta nests, mountains disappearing into the clouds, campers rolled in rugs asleep on the sand, Bohemia central, I have died and gone to heaven.

I need a weekend place here, real estate prices anyone?

The scenery is awe inspiring I feel like I'm reliving the travelling years I missed because I got stuck in one town.

Off to explore Olympus and the Lycian tombs and ruins today, Olympus that way, chimera that way!
Olympus was hot, Olympus beach, which is actually the far right hand side of the same huge beach which is Cirali beach is pebbly and CROWDED. There are cliffs affording some free shade but hosting large notices alerting you to the dangers of rock falls, if you've lived by beaches as long as I have, then you don't sit under them.... But plenty were!

Olympus, the ancient ruined city is fascinating. Buy your ticket on the beach side and if you do exit the gates to the new Olympus village, make sure you keep your ticket handy because you got to show your ticket to come back in and through. The ruins trail off all over and across the river or river bed, depending on the flood. Don't just look at what is apparent, you can really head out back to explore. There is no map as such available upon entry, but take a picture with your smartphone of the rough map on the first sign on your way in... This will do! :)

We loved the adventure, there is a reasonably priced souvenir and book shop at Olympus village side, lovely books on the archaeological history of this place. The wild life is teeming too, so keep your eyes open. Frogs, large and small, turtles, newts, ducks, dragon flies and kingfishers, trout jumping up the Olympus creek a veritable zoological masterclass!

Too tired for chimera after such an early start watching the sun rise on cirali this morning. So lazy evening kofte and Effes and to bed dreaming of a swim in the crystal clear waters again tomorrow!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf