Author Topic: Thomas Cook flight Dal to Gatwick Friday 23rd Oct  (Read 2939 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Thomas Cook flight Dal to Gatwick Friday 23rd Oct
« on: October 25, 2015, 13:07:36 PM »
Was anyone on this flight Friday night departure time 21.05 if so did you notice any "strange goings on" with the cabin crew changing out of their uniforms and into plain clothes shortly after take off, and sitting with azpassenger also pilot and copilot coming out of the cockpit to take a look at said passenger...it has been assumed thst possibly the poor gentleman died but incase it was not a death, i am intrigued to know what was going on...yes i sm being nosey but also very curious...

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Thomas Cook flight Dal to Gatwick Friday 23rd Oct
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 13:12:47 PM »
I am curious also Karennina - why would the cabin crew change out of their uniforms whatever had happened to the passenger.

Did they remain in plain clothes for the remainder of the flight.

Offline marina

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 13:51:46 PM »
And now we're all curious (ie  nosy). 
Hopefully not the case that someone actually
died, but you've got me wondering!

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 14:23:15 PM »
Im being very nosey i admit it!
I wasnt actually on this particular flight mine was later with Monarch, its on a Turkey group on facebook...
Lots of different reaaons being posted like it was a deportation, the chap was a criminal, he was a terrorist ( i really hope this was not the case) he was a celebrity, he had sadly pased away shortly after take off here is the persons post...

Any ideas as to why cabin crew would change into plain clothes and sit around a passenger. Both pilot and co-pilot came out to 'peek' at the gentlemen in question before this happened. All very odd to see on my flight home last night.

CBF was my last hope that a member may have been on this flight and know what was going on!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 22:00:16 PM »
"....it was a deportation, the chap was a criminal, he was a terrorist ( I really hope this was not the case) he was a celebrity, he had sadly passed away shortly after take off

I know I am going to regret this because I won't get the time it takes to post back and please forgive me karennnina but.....

1. Why would the cabin crew change into plain clothes for any of the above reasons including fatality.

2. If the passenger was being deported and/or was a criminal, would the cabin crew not have been advised of this before the flight took off and why would they change into plain clothes and go and sit beside him.

3. If he was a terrorist, would it make any sense at all for the cabin crew to change into plain clothes before sitting next to him and thus attract attention to a potential situation ?.

4. If the passenger was a terrorist, would it make any sense for the pilot and/or co-pilot to come out and sit for a cosy chat with him rather than turning round and landing at Dalaman.

Now that I have got to the end of this post the only one question remains - why did I feel the need  - worrying :(

Offline patrice

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2015, 22:25:07 PM »
I would still like to know though what was going on ???

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2015, 22:26:56 PM »
Me too patrice   :)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2015, 22:45:41 PM »
The whole thing about the cabin crew changing into plain clothes does not ring true.

If someone in civvies came round with the drinks/duty free trolley I think I might have wondered why. and asked why.  :)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 03:33:30 AM »
I dont know its all a bit strange! Here is another comment from the original poster...

The cabin crew started as cabin crew at the back of the plane, then got changed and took seats near him.

I guess we will never find out now, i had hoped some one on here may have been on same flight!
Thinking back to my flight a bit later that night we arrived at the North terminal instead of the South, i have never seen such a fast disembarkation at Gatwick we were off straight away and no mention was made of being at the wrong terminal, it was announced that a bus would be taking us into the airport..
Once on said bus i realised after a bit that we had landed at the North but someone people didnt, as one young lad said blimey what airport have they dropped us at Heathrow!
Also when we were disembarking i noticed that all around the plane was red tape, not tape but like it was cordoned off, i dont recall seeing this on any other plane iv disembarked from,,,im sure it was not because there were aby dead bodies on there!i never knew until following the post about the strange goings on anout the TC fkight that if a passenger becomes deceased during a flight the procedure can be for some of the crew to sit with dead passenger and cover them with a blanket, pull it up to their chin so it looks like they are sleeping so as not to alarm other passengers,reason being if the body was to fall over the cabin crew member would push it upright, though surely to put the seatbelt on would be simplier! Dont think being a cabin crew staff would do for me if thats part of the job description? >:(

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2015, 16:43:24 PM »
There is a pilots network forum that may have the answer.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf