Author Topic: No excuse for high flight prices!  (Read 5796 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: No excuse for high flight prices!
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2016, 21:44:11 PM »
UBT are your Gatwick to Antalya flights with Turkish airlines and is that a direct flight please?
Im trying to book for March but want a direct flight no stopping off at Istanbul thank you    :)
All the flights are via Istanbul I'm afraid, but at least you get a flight in the winter months, and the prices are not too bad either.   I think there was two flights a day from LGW to AYT, one via Ataturk airport, the other via Sabiha airport.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2016, 22:17:37 PM »
Our favourite times mickey mouse. Dead jealous   ;)

Offline Lotty

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2016, 22:25:15 PM »
We love going via Istanbul, they are the best flights and if you plan it carefully (and there are no delays) there are fewer queues, it's  far more comfy and over the last few years it has become a part of our holiday.  :)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2016, 06:46:57 AM »
Excuse my ' dimness' but how do I go about finding a charter flight please?
Thank you UBT for your reply.
I am not brave enough to do the Istanbul route alone, also I have only just plucked up the courage to fly again after all the horrible things that were happening. Im quite happy to do the Antalya route it is a lovely journey with gorgeous scenery  :)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2016, 08:52:22 AM »
Direct flights available from about 25 of March from Manchester or London airports on Skyscanner.

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2016, 18:54:26 PM »
I have just booked with Turkish Airlines Man-Ist-Dalaman with my 3 boys at £285 each end of July. Can't grumble at this price as it includes meals,drinks and 23kg luggage allowance. Monarch wanted £350 with baggage and no meals. I have done this stop many times to Ankara and no problem. My boys are teenagers, maybe more of a hassle with younger children or maybe not  ;)

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2016, 19:27:56 PM »
We love going via Istanbul, they are the best flights and if you plan it carefully (and there are no delays) there are fewer queues, it's  far more comfy and over the last few years it has become a part of our holiday.   :)
How long do you need between flights when changing at Istanbul not to have to rush Lotty?  We may consider this for September as we usually pay for legroom seats with Monarch and it does get expensive.  At least with TL their normal seats are like the extra legroom ones - aren't they?

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2016, 19:42:06 PM »
You need at least 90mins between I would say Bluewise as Domestic terminal is about 10-15min walk. Gives you time to check visa and passport control.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2016, 20:00:42 PM »
Am I right in what I read i think on facebook that if for some reason your first flight is delayed and you therefore miss your connecting flight it is not the airlines fault to sort you out with another flight?

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2016, 20:01:51 PM »
Thanks Rana.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf