Author Topic: No excuse for high flight prices!  (Read 5798 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: No excuse for high flight prices!
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2016, 20:02:34 PM »

At least with TL their normal seats are like the extra legroom ones - aren't they?

Dunno.

Who are TL

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2016, 20:05:18 PM »
Am I right in what I read i think on facebook that if for some reason your first flight is delayed and you therefore miss your connecting flight it is not the airlines fault to sort you out with another flight?

If both legs of your journey are with the same airline, they'll do their utmost to get you sorted onto a later flight. If it's operationally possible and a close-run thing, they may even delay take-off of the second flight.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2016, 20:07:44 PM »
Thank you KKOB that is reasurring to know if ever i do decide to book via this route 8)

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2016, 20:32:57 PM »
Whenever I have connected at Istanbul Karennina and missed connection because of delays they have just put me on next available flight. Maybe Turkish Airline only I can't say for other airlines.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2016, 21:07:33 PM »
Sorry Bluwise, I've just seen your post. If TA are selling you the connecting tkts it must be possible to get you to the second flight on time, otherwise we always like at least one hour. They have great lounges if there is a delay, I think you can pay at the door or it often comes with bank cards. It's never (touch wood) been a problem for us. ;D 8)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2016, 21:08:25 PM »
If you've booked through with THY and you miss the connection (because of their delay) in Istanbul they will put you on the next available flight.  If the last flight of the night has already gone, they (usually) put you up in a hotel for the night - sometimes it the one on site, sometimes off the airport in which case they arrange transport.  If its only a few hours they often dish out lounge passes or meal vouchers.

You sort it out at the transit desk, and for some reason I can't remember where it is at Ataturk.

JF

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2016, 21:14:55 PM »

At least with TL their normal seats are like the extra legroom ones - aren't they?

Dunno.

Who are TL
oops, I meant Turkish Airlines  :)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2016, 10:27:33 AM »
Classic example - while responding to Colwyns thread regarding Easyjet refunds I checked the EDI/DLM price for June, £325 inc bags.  I wondered what THY are charging so had a quick swatch, £259 rtn from Edinburgh & Manchester and £182 rtn from Gatwick!  Flight times not ideal from EDI & MCR, both get into DLM at close to 2am, but a family of four would save £260 plus whatever they'd have spent on food/drink and paying for allocated seating. 

Food (or flight) for thought.

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf